Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh is NOT a fan.

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

In a post earlier this week, I was talking about Rachel and her friends great plan for a road trip... which involved sleeping in a car.

Well that has been thrown around so much... in a smack in the face move, the boy reserved hotel rooms that were over $100.00 per night. Told my dtr that he was being rude to me and immature.

Told her she was not going if the hotel room reservations were cancelled and realistically priced hotel rooms were found. AND she was only going on her tip money from her job.

Well... dh finally caught wind of this, since he was not home.. HE IS PISSED!

he wanted to call the friend and let him know how DH does not appreciate friend of manipulating dtr into this trip.  Told him, NO let it go. Let her experience this and then maybe she will get a life experience out of it....good or bad.

HE then brought up just how much we are supporting her since she moved out... of course, I am the middle man in this conversation. SO Rachel starts the theatrics again.

So as we left it,,, I believe they are going to go.  :0(

BUT when I got home very late last night, I found an email DH had sent to Rachel and I about just how much we have covered for her in the month and 1/2 since she moved out.

He just wants to make her aware that if we were not covering these bills, she would be at home. He also wants her to realize that she really does not have the money to go galvanting around the Hudson River Valley.

I am sure she is mad... and at me as well. 

I am actually very surprised DH is this angry towards the friend.... I thought it was just me.  LOL

It is a good feeling to know that we are showing a mutual front on this issue.

Now we can be the "mean parents" together.

We will have to see what actually happens :  do they go or not?

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I think it would have gone a bit farther if he had actually sent message to the "friend" that is pressuring her.  If he wants to go that badly he needs to ask another friend and leave your DD out of it.  If he is being this manipulative towards your DD...kinda makes you wonder if his parents ever told him no.  Doesn't sound like he is used to not getting his way.  I'm glad you are a united front on this.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM

A united front is completely awesome!  Hope she takes heed of your warnings.

shortycmlb
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Honestly the two of you are right. If you weren't supporting her she wouldn't have the money to go. Sounds like you guys need to stop helping out so much IMO. Maybe make her get a taste of how much LIFE actually costs without the fun >.>

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM

shorty__ ohh we will, we have a timeframe in mind where she will need to be totally independant, but we figure graduating from college and actually getting some type of a job is a plus.

We made it on our own, and as most parents,, her time is right around the corner.

fire-- the apple does not fall far from the tree.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Planning a trip and securing a place to stay at her age should be fine, once she is self-sufficient. I'd be unhappy too, if I were paying dd's expenses and she or a friend disregarded my feelings. I hope there isn't any more turmoil over this and she respects your decision.

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM

love it when parents present a united front...so many times it doesn't happen that way..Hopefully Rachel decides the hassle isn't worth it and cancels the trip.

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Kids are just so self-centered.  It probably never even occured to her that she needs to be saving her money and not taking vacations.  Sad - you may have to cut her off sooner than planned to wake her up.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

and the weird thing is... she planned trips while she was studying abroad with much more sense... then this lamebrain gets in the mix... and it all goes out the window.

fingers crossed she is either working or his car is not fixed... has major work in order to run.  LOL

OHH and she is probably going to have to give up a gathering of her college friends in order for this trip.. I told her I would prefer she hang out with the girls at the beach, than take this insane road trip.

she can't do both, that is for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)