Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gonna get it.

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 109 Total Views

eye rollingOHH, I am soooo gonna get an earful from my dad. 

He sent out an email that my mom is once again,,, down for the count... this time her back. but she has plunked herself in bed for the day, being pampered. Instead of walking around, gently stretching her back out.

Did she go to quilting and it bothered her back?

I do not  understand how she just gets shifts from one ailment to the next, with the blink of an eye.

SO now, she cannot get the CT scan she needs to check on her migraines because my dad had to get her an appt to get a cortizone shot in her back....again.

The email, that was supposed to go to my sis,,, wasn't too back stabbing and nothing I have not said in person before, but I am gonna get it.

I just wish that he would take a back seat and let her direct her path of care.

I bet or I hope, it would go much differently.

HA.. who am I kidding.

Ohhh well, guess it is my turn to be the "bad one"  

SO either the phone will ring shortly... or I will get the silent treatment.

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sonogal
by Baby Diva on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:44 PM
It just sounds like your mom lines the attention...um not saying that her ailments aren't real, but you might be on to something that she should be taking more responsibility for her treatment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM

sometimes you need to be honest with them and tell them how you really feel....

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

If honesty lands you in the dog house...so be it.  Maybe something you say will hit a nerve and make someone think.  If you do end up with the silent treatment...I doubt it will last long.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM

well it turns out my sis called them and questioned our mom getting another injection.

dad's reply is that he will do whatever they say.

this is a dangerous place for them to be right now.  Really not thinking of long term effects... just the instant band aid.

I am not doubting my mom has pain,,,,but we always point out these things happen when the drs offices are closed. So our dad has no one to turn to ask questions or advice

Yeah, I can handle being in the dog house... after I thought about it... the message I sent was not rude and was things I have brought up before.

But the chicken that I am...... I have not checked my email yet.  wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)