Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me decide

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 125 Total Views

Dd is in a wedding next weekend for her former roommate/co-worker. I was given a save the date card months ago. I noticed the time had passed when I should have received the invitation and found out the invites were sent. She said her friend wondered if I was going and she told her yes. Then after talking to me, she told friend that I hadn't received an invite. She was suppposed to mail it out again, but it hasn't shown up. Would you go?

I had planned to go, but it's two hours south and feel funny without an official invite (especially since bride knows mine never showed). I'll have to arrange dog care with son, buy a gift of course and travel overnight, so it isn't something that is going to be no big deal for me. I want to go and see dd's new place, but not desperate to be a party crasher.

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, since the bride is already expecting you...and knows that your invite just didn't arrive in the mail...you are kind of obligated to go.  You wouldn't be crashing the party at all...you do have an invite it's just stuck with the mail carrier.  If you decide not to go I would have your DD let the bride know that you are unable to attend...since you can't send off the rsvp yourself.  It's all up to a matter of how you feel.  If you truly don't want to go and it's going to be a hassle...wait to see your DD's place at a different time and just ask DD to let the bride know you will be unable to attend.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I f you want to go and think it will be fun..then go. If it is a hassle for you and you'd rather stay at home...do it!  There is no wrong here.  Send regrets with your DD.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I'm sitting here still and struggling. My HS reunion is in the same town and this weekend. I want to go to that and if I do, I will go for only Saturday night's event, but not really wanting to go there again the following weekend. If I don't, then I don't get to spend time with my two kids who live in that town and my dd will be pissed that I'm not coming to see her new place.  I better make up my freaking mind very soon. FML  Maybe if my kids got their asses to high school and graduated, they'd know that a reunion once every 10 years means something. GRRR!

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Holy Snapdragons...I vote REUNION all the way.  Girl you have earned it! Go look gorgeous and have fun!  You can go see the kids another time. Do you think they would change their plans for you?  Not being nasty , or insinuating they are bad kids... I just know my own and I realize that they probably would not.  However, I do not look upon that as a reflection of how much they love me. More like just a fact of life.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I'm sitting here still and struggling. My HS reunion is in the same town and this weekend. I want to go to that and if I do, I will go for only Saturday night's event, but not really wanting to go there again the following weekend. If I don't, then I don't get to spend time with my two kids who live in that town and my dd will be pissed that I'm not coming to see her new place.  I better make up my freaking mind very soon. FML  Maybe if my kids got their asses to high school and graduated, they'd know that a reunion once every 10 years means something. GRRR!

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Quoting HEAVNLI1:

Holy Snapdragons...I vote REUNION all the way.  Girl you have earned it! Go look gorgeous and have fun!  You can go see the kids another time. Do you think they would change their plans for you?  Not being nasty , or insinuating they are bad kids... I just know my own and I realize that they probably would not.  However, I do not look upon that as a reflection of how much they love me. More like just a fact of life.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I vote reunion, too.  If you really wanted to go to the wedding you wouldn't be having these second thoughts.

~ Julie ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)