Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sturgis Rally is coming...

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

The unofficial start is in just 3 days...it officially starts Monday but the concerts will start this weekend.

We have every law enforcement agency here...every biker club is represented...and lots of others just coming in for the love of riding.  Our little town of Sturgis goes from 7000 to almost a million some years and just about overnight.

They truck the bikes in...ride them in...trailer them in...and fly them in from all over the world for one week of food, fun, races...and yes lots of nudity...not allowed on main street though.

Remember if you are a rider...wear your leathers...they can be replaced and your skin can't. 

If you are not a rider and do most of your drive time on 4 wheels or more...watch out for those on 2 or 3 wheels...look...look again...and then one more time before leaving that stop light or sign.

Keep it safe and real.

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Jamie wants to go there one day...I told him to feel free...I have no interest..lol

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Aug. 2, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quoting firemouse23:

The unofficial start is in just 3 days...it officially starts Monday but the concerts will start this weekend.

We have every law enforcement agency here...every biker club is represented...and lots of others just coming in for the love of riding.  Our little town of Sturgis goes from 7000 to almost a million some years and just about overnight.

They truck the bikes in...ride them in...trailer them in...and fly them in from all over the world for one week of food, fun, races...and yes lots of nudity...not allowed on main street though.

Remember if you are a rider...wear your leathers...they can be replaced and your skin can't. 

If you are not a rider and do most of your drive time on 4 wheels or more...watch out for those on 2 or 3 wheels...look...look again...and then one more time before leaving that stop light or sign.

Keep it safe and real.

Sounds like a lot of fun, according to everyone I know who has attended. My ex boyfriend and a very good guy was just ran over last week. I don't have all the details, but he was on the right side of a semi (without the trailer). The truck made a wide right hand turn and ran over Bobs' leg. He's so very lucky to be alive, and it isn't certain yet, whether his leg can be saved as he's going through many surgeries. I don't know if Bob was in a lane, or passing on the right shoulder, or who is at fault, but the point is this probably was very avoidable and his life will never be the same.

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I sure hope he is going to be ok...we have had 2 deaths here already and 1 life flighted to the hospital yesterday...no word yet on their condition.  I know the first 2 were not the riders fault...it was the people that hit them that "didn't see them". 

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Quoting firemouse23:

Keep it safe and real.

Sounds like a lot of fun, according to everyone I know who has attended. My ex boyfriend and a very good guy was just ran over last week. I don't have all the details, but he was on the right side of a semi (without the trailer). The truck made a wide right hand turn and ran over Bobs' leg. He's so very lucky to be alive, and it isn't certain yet, whether his leg can be saved as he's going through many surgeries. I don't know if Bob was in a lane, or passing on the right shoulder, or who is at fault, but the point is this probably was very avoidable and his life will never be the same.

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Aug. 2, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I know a few who have gone...sounds like a great time! You be careful, Mouse, I know it can get crazy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Aug. 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I'm always careful.  I just wish I had the money for some of the concerts coming to town.  It's still really slow but coming home this afternoon...you should see the bikes coming in.  Few are riding in...lots of trailers though.

Quoting sonogal:

I know a few who have gone...sounds like a great time! You be careful, Mouse, I know it can get crazy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)