Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy cows come from California and apparently...

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

so do my ods' childhood memories. That was the nicest most affirming thing anyone ever said to me. When you are divorced and your children go back and forth between their parents homes you never really feel like they are getting the best that they deserve. My ods, Andrew came to visit last night and we were talking about good places to raise children and then he let me know where his best childhood memories were and they weren't because of the really fun things we did that were insanely expensive, but because of the everyday quality of life he had with me. Until he said that, I always felt like I failed him. I gave him a sense of family that he hopes to some day pass on.

by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM

BTW, he could have mentioned that before it took 24 and a half years. lmao

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS!  How warm and fuzzy!  So gald he could see how important those times were and that he was able to share it with you.

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe...what a wonderful affirmation for you to get from him.  That just gave me a warm fuzzy when I read it.

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

love walking down those memory lanes...so glad you were able to do that with him...

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Good job, Momma! What a sweet thing for him to say....love that affirmation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL*˚ .ღ 。° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ . /
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
by Fully Loaded Diva on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Ya know sometimes it takes something to happen for them to realize it.  I went back/forth between my parents (they divorced when I was 12) till I left home at 20 (I got married).  I didn't realize or understand the stuff they did/went through until I had gone through the same thing.  I told my mom the other day that I understand why she and my dad did some of the things they did and I was sorry if I was a brat about it then.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Aug. 14, 2012 at 3:36 AM

We can't really know or appreciate what our parents go through until we are in those types of situations ourselves. My parents stayed together and there was always turmoil. In my case, my kids took a stand against me and at different times against their dad. Their teen years were hell, so I'm so grateful that they've made peace with us both and they are moving on to have wonderful adult lives, so far.

Quoting starlight1968:

Ya know sometimes it takes something to happen for them to realize it.  I went back/forth between my parents (they divorced when I was 12) till I left home at 20 (I got married).  I didn't realize or understand the stuff they did/went through until I had gone through the same thing.  I told my mom the other day that I understand why she and my dad did some of the things they did and I was sorry if I was a brat about it then.

daisybelle1960
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad he let you know! Sweet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN