Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Followup on the FlyLady ( organization guru)

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

So ladies..I have been following the fly lady for weeks now and I gotta admit I am a slow learner...LOL.   I am however getting great pleasure from the " shine your sink" part. Which is a small first step or jumping off point for beginners like me. 

I liked the feeling of waking up to a shiny sink so much that I thought maybe I shoud take another baby step... so I started leaving myself notes on the bathroom mirror at night...  most times it is just an affirmation and if needed a reminder.  So far so good... Rick is somewhat puzzled about the notes but hey... they have nothing to do with him.

So I decided to purchase a copy of her control journal and take it with me on vacation so I can work on it while I am laying on the beach.  I got it in the mail yesterday and it is really nice.  There are parts that do not apply to me since I have no little ones, but all in all it is an awesome guide to having it all together.  Breaking cleaning down into zones, and creating and implementing morning , afternoon, and bedtime routines that are on paper untl you can get the hang of them.  I think my favorite thing is that everywhere along the way she includes ME time.  It is a very self caring plan and pushes you to love yourself along the way to making your life a little easier.  Since she asks you on the very first page NOT to become obsessive or push yourself to get through the whole thing at a fast pace. I thought taking it with me to the beach will give me ample time to relax and take small stabs at it. 

I will post as I progress to share my experience. 

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Yes...please keep us updated...I don't do flylady...but have considered it..

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Aug. 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I still haven't gone to her website to check it out...but I'm going to have to do that for sure

starlight1968
by Fully Loaded Diva on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

ok I have to say I don't know who that is...<blush>

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Just google the flylady... she is a organization guru.

Quoting starlight1968:

ok I have to say I don't know who that is...

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM
The book sounds pretty cool. Keep us posted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisybelle1960
by Shutterbug Diva on Aug. 30, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I kind of have the same philosophy when it comes to house work.  I tackle it in bits. I used to be able to clean the house entirely in one day, but I don't even attempt that anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)