Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To throw my computer off of! Was chatting with a good friend last night when it just shut off. Not sleep, shut the frick off!  But, at the same time, hub came home for an hour.  He got the rest of his truck stuff but since he was under a sensitive load, he couldn't stay here, had to stay with the truck. Ah well. Back to the routine. Maybe with all these miles he's getting I can get a new computer. 

~ Lisa: aka Lizbeth. Homeschooler mom, trucker wife, group admin "wives of truck drivers" and "Sisterhood & Friendship", nearly 50 with Parkinson's and other things, insatiable cook, author, workout freak, inundated with hobbies, Pink Hatter of the Red Hat Society, Druidic/Tao-istic philosophies in belief, addicted to coffee, big time Dr Who fan. Blogs: http://www.grillintheroad.com & http://www.thistlerosestudio.com 

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Replies (11-14):
RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Instead of trouble shooting, we should just shoot it.  Yeah, I have a compaq (HP) presario. POS.  Ash has my old Dell.  

Quoting BrenMOM:

Gee---our HP's are true trash.. they make them cheap so everyone can have one.. and then they don't work well for long.  I should not say anything though.. my hp.. is very sensitive to criticism. LOL

The girls both have HP;s and we have had to have them sent back multiple times, after spending hours with "David" trying to trouble shoot it.
Dh just got sick of his HP crashing when it felt like it... and got a MAC!  but MACs don't like comcast.. so he is having an issue with that.

Can't win...

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

BLoody hell I spoke too soon.  POS frickin thing.  A'Course it could just be CM.  I keep getting this today...  Maybe I just need to pour my coffee into my computer.

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.cafemom.com

Suggestions:

Access a cached copy of www.­cafemom.­com/­group/­115524/­forums/­read/­17419844/­I_need_to_find_a­_tall_building

Try reloading: www.­cafemom.­com/­group/­115524/­forums/­read/­17419844/­I_need_to_find_a­_tall_building

Search on Google:

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:33 AM

try mozzilla foxfire... we have been  using that instead of Internet explorer.

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I don't use IE.  Usually I use Chrome, and when that doesn't work, I use Foxfire.  I've found it's just on CM, not so much other places on the Internet and my non-internet programs seem to be working fine.  Today it seems better, so far. I hope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN