Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm definitely guilty of drunk posting!!!! *Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

Dh's company announced their new insurance carrier yesterday and the rates are going up 246% and will only cover 80% of costs, rather than 100%. I asked if they were holding guns and wearing ski masks.

The good news is I have a job!!!! The bad news is I doubt I'm suited for it and won't last long. It's working for Xerox, and answering incoming calls and resolving techinical phone issues. I'm thinking that I'm not suited for this position because: 1. I have difficulty with accents, 2. carpal tunnel and 3. an introvert who won't deal well with a loud environment around me....However, I am determined to do my best. The position is barely above minimum wage and won't pay all my bills, but if I can make it, there is unlimited overtime right now. They do have benefits, and IF you meet your metrics, you can apply for other opportunities to advance yourself. I will do my very best to succeed.

The F'd up news of the day, is dh's company is requiring that they go one day without pay every week, starting this week and there wasn't any announcement about this until today. So, that's at least 4 days per month without pay on his part. I told dh I would be looking for work for both of us while I'm on the computer and that we both need higher paying jobs. We can't afford to live. Merry F'ing Xmas!!!! I'm drinking tonight(which I can't afford, but wtf?, I don't care). I start work Tuesday and my schedule is 1:30-10pm...and yes, I am very grateful. 

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Replies (11-16):
HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

The compay collecting those premiums is hald accountable to report what they pay out in claims and if it doesn not meet the guidelines set forth in the healthcare refom act they have to refund and gross over charged premiums to the plan administrator and the adminsitrator has to in turn refund it to the employees that paid it.  Our comapny got a refund this year for last year and it was not huge but there is  something in the bill ot protect people from getting gouged,  What they have no control over is how much an empolyer pays towards coverage.,

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Thank's to the Mandatory Insurance BS, everyone is raising their rates and deductables. 

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

It's very cut throat and unforutately, esp in our area (Nashville), Xerox is in bad odor.  

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I understand that business is all about metrics and minimizing customer costs to increase profits, and I suspect those who aren't robots won't last. I went online to see if I could read reviews about the local company and they were primarily negative, other than people were glad to have a job.

Quoting RedHeadedLizzy:

Good luck! I worked for a Xerox sales office as an office manager and was not happy there. The job was ok, but we got a manager who was horrible. 

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:11 PM

wow..sounds like it is a good thing you don't have my number...lol...and yeah..obamacare is screwing the little people...Us!!

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Thanks to Obama care, our premiums/deductibles tripled.  And we're in that range of income that can't afford it, but make too much to get any help from the government. 

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this

These are the people who made up "New Math," right? Because I didn't get that, either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN