Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YEP-- cancelled

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 131 Total Views

Dh tried to see if there was any way he could save our trip. We will lose all the money we paid for the trip.. airfare and resort reservations..... GONE!

BUT the last 24 hours proved just what would happen if we went away.

While we were getting ready to walk into Allie's honors ceremony at her school, in Buffalo, DH got an emergency service call.... and NO ONE to do it. He talked to the customer honestly.. mentioning he tried to sneak away to attend his dtrs ceremony.. and if it was ok with the customer, he would be there today. The guy called back and said yes that would work.

Also on the drive up, he did get to touch base with another service station guy, who I do trust. And they are running behind. but he was going to see if he could make it work. DH was going to call him next week.

All I can see is, us away.. DH attached to his computer.. and fretting if things  don't go the way he wants them to go.

So today, on his way home from the job, that we raced back for him to do... he called the travel agent and cancelled.

I am mad that the parent company didnt' step up to help.. and sadly, I am  not surprised.

But DH will have peace of mind.. that his area and customers, who are hanging with him, will be served the way he likes to do it.

Luckily, I didn't need to use vacation time..just packed my days in before and after.

Bren

by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

That just stinks that you are going to lose all the money you put in for your reservations.  Hopefully the new employee will come up to speed quickly and within 6 mos you can make the trip up.  In the mean time...try to get away just the 2 of you to a local Hotel or bed and breakfast for a night or 2.

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Oct. 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM

That totally sucks...and it's bullshit that the parent company wouldn't do a damn thing to help him out.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Prabably just a relief at this point.... hopefully you will get a vacay soon.

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Man, that sucks.  Can't you "sell" the tickets, etc. to someone else?

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Red-- I think the timeline is too short for people to come up with that much cash for a get a way.... and of course the fees to have the plane tickets changed would be crazy.

Our travel agent is going to dig deeper to see if there is any way we can get at least something back.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Quoting firemouse23:

That just stinks that you are going to lose all the money you put in for your reservations.  Hopefully the new employee will come up to speed quickly and within 6 mos you can make the trip up.  In the mean time...try to get away just the 2 of you to a local Hotel or bed and breakfast for a night or 2.

I think DH is really kind of bummed,so I am sure he will think something up.

Keeping my eye open for ideas. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I'm so sorry you're going to have to miss your vacation, but it wouldn't be much fun if he can't concentrate. I'd be pretty frustrated, but it sounds like you take things in stride better than I do. Sorry about the money, but maybe you two can get away and do something later on.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM

IT is funny you should say that.....taking things in stride.... I get made fun of by him for being a realist.

Sometimes that can save a lot of stress. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)