Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shocked!!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 117 Total Views

My polling place is about a 5 minute drive, so I got ready for work early & headed up there....there was almost NO line (this was 7am!) Voted and drove home in 20 minutes...get to eat breakfast at home instead of fast food.  I really thought the turnout would be better - glad I got it done before work - I'll drive by there after work just to see how crowded it looks.

~ Julie ~

by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Nov. 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I'm headed to mine right after I drop Marcus off at school.  Not too crowded there usually...always looks like it though because the workers cars are in the driveway.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I waited in line for about 8-10 minutes and voted at a table rather than wait for a booth because it was crowded.... That made me VERY happy!   Of course, we cancelled each other out.. LOL!

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Mine had a line out the door...more people than I have ever seen there voting.  I was pleasantly shocked by that.  Hopefully everyone that is able exercises their right to vote.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM

We all voted early, but still had to wait 10-15 minutes. They did a weird computer thing - not a touch screen, but you had to turn a dial to make the screen move. Apparently, it was tough for some of the older folks to figure out because they were taking FOREVER!

The voting folks told us that it'll be paper ballots today. No electronic voting, no screens. That'll take a while. Glad I'm done. I only wish that it had stopped all the damn phone calls this week. If I hear from Dick Durbin one more time, I'm'a go up to his office in Chicago and tell him to leave me the hell alone!

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Lucky you.  I waited an hour in line this morning, and my PD kicked up and threw me into some serious hip pain.  They let me sit down and then got me through fairly quickly. 

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I left this morning...went to yoga..then off to Kim's to get my face waxed...(damn menopause!) then back to psy class..then I went and put my 2 cents into this election...and for the first time at the place where I go to vote...there was a line...I was shocked..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN