Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Now I have to say, this conversation surprised me.

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 190 Total Views

embarrassedThe other day, while instant messaing with Allie, we were talking about her plans for when she, and her boyfriend are home for Thanksgiving.

I mentioned that I had our "green livingroom" (which is our guest room) cleaned up and ready to go.

Her comment back.... "you are going to make him sleep in the green living room?"

I said, very naively.. "well there is not a bed in Rachel's room>"
She said.. "well, I just figured he would sleep in my room."

AHHHHHH............

Now, I am not that stupid, and in fact when she was home over the summer, I had to her to the Ob/gyn to see if she could get a prescription for birth control pills. 

As I said to her, I was once a college student with a serious bf-- and I do not think anyone needs a serious change in plans. Not that I am telling her to go and have a sex party.. I do not want either of their lives put into a tailspin.

So, instead of sneaking around.. which I hate sneaks. she was brave enough to bring up to me what she would prefer their sleeping arrangments to be.

DH said, I should have done that with my parents.... and his for that matter.

I have to say, I was surprised but happy she felt comfortable to talk about this.

guess i cleaned that room for nothing  LOL

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM

It is very good she is comfortable enough to talk to you about these things.  As long as you are comfortable with allowing it...then go for it.  Sometimes it's hard for us as parents to view our children as maturing adults...until we reflect back on our own time in the same circumstances.

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:04 PM

that's awesome...it really is...this means she trusts you enough to talk to you about it...and to be honest with you...that is wonderful!

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Hey, as long as it's not compromising your morals.....glad that she was comfortable enough to talk about it. My son's gf lived with us for 18 months (in his room)...as long as I didn't 'hear' anything I really didn't care. He did sleep in the lounge when my mom came to visit, though, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's great that she trusted and respected you enough to be honest. I looked my dd's bf in the eye and just let him know she won't be an unwed mother if anything happens there that they don't prevent. lol Like I have any say in anything, but I have to at least pretend to be a conservative on some issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)