Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not good news. : '(

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 122 Total Views

Well today was another drs appt with Joe, except this one in Philly.

The dr went over the PET scan again.. and he is extremely concerned about the area in his left leg.... much more concerned than the other dr seemed to be.

I can read people pretty well.. and I saw defeat and sadness in the dr's eyes today.

We actually had to ask a few questions and that is when the dr just read the results... Sadly.. the cancer is everywhere.. and in bones.....and bloodstream was mentioned.  The dr suggested getting in contact with the radiology dr for another round of radiation to target the leg area.

It seems as if all the hard work and treatments have lost their power.

Joe found out that the cancer is scattered throughout his lung...in a rib...of course his leg.. and newest mention.. his spine.  This last item just blew Joe away. 

Not sure what he is going to decide to do... I am really not sure if he wants to go through with radiation again since he got an honest result from the PET scan. His leg was REALLY bothering him today and by the end of the travels, he was limping badly.

I think now is the time for people to start offering him what his options are,, and what steps he can take.  Home care etc.

Will let the info of today sink in for a bit.. then put in my two cents.

I told sis today on the way home.. she is livid.... tomorrow,I get to tell our parents..OHH yay!

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

oh I am soo sorry...I was hoping that you would get some much better news soon....Hugs to you and your brother!

starlight1968
by Fully Loaded Diva on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I'm soo sorry.....HUGS...

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your news today.  I was hoping it would be better.  I'm so happy your brother has you for an advocate...this is going to be one of the toughest decisions he has ever made and he will need a buffer to the rest of the family if he makes the tough decision.  {{{HUGS}}} and prayers to you and your family.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I'm really sorry, Bren. Your brother has been through so much and I'm glad he's got you in this journey. Hugs and prayers for you all.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

So sorry! Praying for you all!

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hugs, P&PT to you all. I am so sorry you're going through all this.

puzzled216
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM

hugs ! praying for you !

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM

when I called and told my parents...dad understood the magnitude of the information we were given, I am not sure mom did.

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Dec. 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I'm so sorry.  It is so disheartening to hear this bad news, he has fought really hard.  I don't envy the decision he has to make.  I have been through this with my stepdad, and my MIL.  It never gets any easier. 

BaBeezandMe
by Dungeon CakeChic on Dec. 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM

sadI am so sorry.  I REALLY HATE CANCER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)