Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whatchya all doing this weekend?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 238 Total Views

I'm guessing Mouse is staying in and Melinda is doing homework, but just curious about everyone's agenda. I'll be rooting for the Denver Bronco's and SF 49er's to do well in their games, and not in that order.

We won $200 worth of paintball gift certificates and had no plans for the day, so we planned to use them this afternoon. The place is located halfway between our town and the kids who live south of us. Dd's bringing a car load of friends and my oldest and his SO are going with me. We can have up to 10 people and 3 hours of play. DH realized the game will be on, so he's staying home. I was hoping he'd go because he's always bragging about what a good shot he is. I'm thinking with our group, he'd be the main target. Now that he's not going, they'll have to find another target, because no way in hell am I going to play. Those monsters would kill me for sure!

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I just dropped of Dude for a Boy Scout trip to a local "ski" hill. I say "ski" because it's man-made snow, which is absolute crap for skiing. He decided to go with the tubing option. So he's off until who-knows-when.

DD is participating in a Cupcake Design War at the library this afternoon, so she's looking forward to that.

Nothing else on the schedule except DH doing some tax and financial things. He's still in pain with those broken toes.

I went to lunch with some girlfriends yesterday - all writers - and we scribbled out and shared our writing goals with each other. There are 6 of us, 5 published, 3 with NY and 2 of us with e-pubs. It was nice to talk it out and put our goals out there for accountability. My plan is to finish 3 novellas this year, so I'd better get cracking!

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Sounds like fun!  I am meeting with Taylor and her mom about Luna's birthday party plans.  Doing laundry and housework, and watching U of L play basketball this afternooon.  Possibly throwing in some grocery shopping.  Tomorrow I am going to church at the Parish where I raised my family. Have not been there is ages. It is a very small catholic church community in Fairdale, Ky.  I am pretty determined to find a place to actually get involved again.  It is only about 18-20 minutes from home and while I will drive past about 5 catholic parishes to get there....I am ok with that.  Hopefully, I will be an east transition, I will give it a few weeks and if it is nto a fit I am moving on to something completely different.  Wish me PEACE!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM

The cupcake design war sounds like fun and hope your dd does well. I keep thinking about writing, but seem to have a problem getting organized with my thoughts. I think my style would be along the lines of Chelsea Handler. Anyway, it would be great to get together with others who are goal oriented like you are and I'm sure with that kind of support you will all do well.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I just dropped of Dude for a Boy Scout trip to a local "ski" hill. I say "ski" because it's man-made snow, which is absolute crap for skiing. He decided to go with the tubing option. So he's off until who-knows-when.

DD is participating in a Cupcake Design War at the library this afternoon, so she's looking forward to that.

Nothing else on the schedule except DH doing some tax and financial things. He's still in pain with those broken toes.

I went to lunch with some girlfriends yesterday - all writers - and we scribbled out and shared our writing goals with each other. There are 6 of us, 5 published, 3 with NY and 2 of us with e-pubs. It was nice to talk it out and put our goals out there for accountability. My plan is to finish 3 novellas this year, so I'd better get cracking!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I hope the new/old church feels like home. There are just some places we end up in our lives that feel so right and I hope this is one of them for you. Fingers crossed that the party planning ends up being fun and that T is open to ideas and not just expecting an open wallet while you all do her bidding. Sorry, I'm jaded toward her. lol. Let us know about the church and how that goes and in the meantime, I hope your team wins!

Quoting HEAVNLI1:

Sounds like fun!  I am meeting with Taylor and her mom about Luna's birthday party plans.  Doing laundry and housework, and watching U of L play basketball this afternooon.  Possibly throwing in some grocery shopping.  Tomorrow I am going to church at the Parish where I raised my family. Have not been there is ages. It is a very small catholic church community in Fairdale, Ky.  I am pretty determined to find a place to actually get involved again.  It is only about 18-20 minutes from home and while I will drive past about 5 catholic parishes to get there....I am ok with that.  Hopefully, I will be an east transition, I will give it a few weeks and if it is nto a fit I am moving on to something completely different.  Wish me PEACE!

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

You can't organize thoughts that are flying around in your head. Write them down! Write them on notecards, so that once you get several going, you can put together a storyboard.

http://rebeccablain.com/2012/11/29/adventures-storyboarding-part/

http://romanceuniversity.org/2012/08/10/storyboarding-not-just-for-plotting-anymore-with-joan-swan/

http://suite101.com/article/3-creative-novel-plotting-techniques-a139918

The important thing is to start writing...something, anything!

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

The cupcake design war sounds like fun and hope your dd does well. I keep thinking about writing, but seem to have a problem getting organized with my thoughts. I think my style would be along the lines of Chelsea Handler. Anyway, it would be great to get together with others who are goal oriented like you are and I'm sure with that kind of support you will all do well.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

RedHeadedLizzy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Not a lot, really. I'm doing some costuming and jewelry work for a steampunk costume, a bit of cleaning, pretzel making and helping Ash with a 4-H speach due Tuesday. That's about all we have planned.  

I remember in high school, back in '81, we didn't have paint ball, but the guy I was dating would pile the gang of us in his truck and we'd all go to a park in Huntington Beach (about a 3 hour drive) on a Saturday and we'd have a "war" with waterballoons. Then we'd go to the beach.  Grand times.  I don't think Paintball is something I'd get into now.  

SF are my homeboys, btw. But, I don't get into sports either, at least those I don't participate in myself.  Most of my hobbies and such revolve around re-enactment type groups. 

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM

The water balloons sound like fun. My dd's bf's family does civil war reenactments and I'd really like to see one. I always think of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. 

Quoting RedHeadedLizzy:

Not a lot, really. I'm doing some costuming and jewelry work for a steampunk costume, a bit of cleaning, pretzel making and helping Ash with a 4-H speach due Tuesday. That's about all we have planned.  

I remember in high school, back in '81, we didn't have paint ball, but the guy I was dating would pile the gang of us in his truck and we'd all go to a park in Huntington Beach (about a 3 hour drive) on a Saturday and we'd have a "war" with waterballoons. Then we'd go to the beach.  Grand times.  I don't think Paintball is something I'd get into now.  

SF are my homeboys, btw. But, I don't get into sports either, at least those I don't participate in myself.  Most of my hobbies and such revolve around re-enactment type groups. 

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You are right...I am staying in and rooting for my Packers.  Sorry ladies but SF has to go down...if the pack has their heads out of their asses that is and their kicker can actually put it between the uprights...lol.  I'm a realist...lol.  It's a free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax weekend so I will be catching some movies also...lol.

catwoman123456
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Absolutely nothing- and feeling reallly guilty about it. Tree is still up, decorations are still decorating  and Steve (our basement monster ) is growing by leaps and bounds. Kids are playing x-box and I've copped out and am making dorito casserole for supper.Then plan on watching a good horror movie with the grands- already bought the chips but forgot the ice cream- maybe DD will pick up on her way home.Tomorrow is another day!cat

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

yep..you guessed it...homework...anyone want to come and help???? and mousie...sorry but the packers have to go down!!! (no I will NOT be making any damn bets with Jamie) so for me it's homework..more homework...and then......even more homework....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)