Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A wise man (my dad) once said...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 265 Total Views

My dad was talking to my kids last Easter about the lessons you learn from in life are usually the one's that cost you the most money. On that note, Andrew was notified yesterday that he won't be hired in our county as a deputy because he has three moving violations in the past five years. Two of them were for not wearing a seatbelt. Yes, I had told him when I realized he didn't how stupid he was. I guess he got in that habit as a cab driver, so he could make a fast escape if he ever had to. So, he lost out on a job that was $18 per hour to start and now has to figure out what he's going to do for employment because he doesn't have enough hours to support himself. He won't be eligible to apply again until July of 2014 and he acknowledged yesterday that it was all his fault with stupid decision making. Hoping he has learned from this. I hate to admit that I also learned from some of my most expensive mistakes.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll second that..... sorry he had to learn the hard way, but it will stick with him better because it cost him.

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The costly ones are the ones that usually stick with us.  Whether it costs us money, love, or other things in life.  Hopefully he doesn't give up on this and reapplies next year...and wears his seat belt in the mean time.  I know something will come his way in the interim.  Whenever a door closes...look for the open window.  It's there we just have to find it.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM

sadly those are the only situations that sink into our fat heads.

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM
That's a bummer. I hope he can find something else that he'll enjoy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)