Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nice way to spend part of the day

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 151 Total Views

Went out for an early lunch with my two neighbors. this includes the neighbor who recently lost her husband to cancer.

We normally didn't talk much, but my other neighbor does, so she suggested that we ask the older neighbor along. Sure !!!

IT was a very nice time and it got her out of the house.. learned some very interesting things about her.. and we talked about everything.

When we went to drop her off, she asked us in for tea, so we did.  then we ended the day.

She is making the best of things and she is now beginning to go through his stuff and give things awsy--how hard that must be for her. At least she was comfortable talking about it.. and we were good listeners.

And the day itself was nice weather.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM

That sounds like a wonderful day! I used to have a couple of little old ladies that I tried to spend a day with at least once a month..but they have since passed...I need to find and adopt me some more older ladies...

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
So glad you had a nice day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:47 PM

It sounds like you had such a wonderful day with them.  I'm sure the older lady really needed someone to just get her away from it all for a bit.  Glad you guys were there for her.

HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:28 PM

How freaking sweet is that?  You are such a good neighbor.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM

That really does sound like a nice way to spend the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)