Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so numb

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 149 Total Views
Last night was a good night. My dh step niece asked my daughter to be her flower girl. It really made me happy for her to think of Madison. Well I wanted to call my mom but it was kind of late so I waited till this morning. So this morning I call my mom. I tell her the happy news. She tells me that she has some bad news... She told me that one of my best friends from high school died. I was shocked. He was only 42. I cried and at times I just want to scream. I don't know any details. I just feel numb. Thanks for letting me vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sonogal
by Baby Diva on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry.  That had to be such a shock.  It is never easy news to receive, I will send a prayer for you, and for his family.  HUGS!

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.  I'm sure it was an aweful shock to hear of his passing.  

On the positive side of things...I'm happy to hear your wonderful news about Madison and her getting to be in the wedding.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

OHH how sad, and I am sure you really were expecting to have a light and fun phone call about the wedding.

Esp since your friend was so young, you don't think you will be hearing that type of news.

I am glad your mom thought to let you know right away, and you didn't have to read about it on Facebook or other social media.

FunnyKids
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I am sorry for your loss. (((Hugs))))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I am so sorry for you loss....

BaBeezandMe
by Dungeon CakeChic on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

london114
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Thanks all for the support!!! My boss was able to get me a couple of hours off of work so I can go to the calling hours. Gotta love corporate America.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by Fully Loaded Diva on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM

hugs

daisybelle1960
by Shutterbug Diva on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I'm so sorry.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM

What a terrible shock and I'm so sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)