Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

snowing--but they say it is not going to last

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

started snowing here about 4:30 pm EST.. just big flakes and sure looks pretty.

The news just said that the biggest band is already over our area... and then it will begin to taper off.

GEEZE  really??? and I had Rachel get a train ticket home since I thought it was going to be a snowy mess in the morning. Of course, she would not be able to drive home in this,due to her fear. It is funny, I said to Allie earlier today that we weren't going to get as much snow as predicted, because Rachel was taking the train. Looks like I might be right.

Allie was dealing with an inch of snow per hour in Buffalo..and she had to drive to work yet.  Well luckily, Buffalo knows HOW to clean their roads..unlike PA.... and their storm also did not keep up it's strength either.

She did check on line for the traffic cams.. and the highway she needs to jump on was clear.

WE just might be REALLY lucky about this storm as well.

Friends in the true NorthEast... be careful!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I hope it doesn't turn out to be that bad and glad you don't have to worry about Rachel driving. We don't get much snow on our side of the state and when we do, it shuts everything down.

Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM

all we got from that storm was rain..which turned to ice today when the temp dropped almost 20 degrees...

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

there is a chance we will get a touch more.. but nothing major.

starlight1968
by Fully Loaded Diva on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

we got rain which will be heading out that way..hope it falls apart before it gets up there to the NE.

BrenMOM
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

any remnantsof the storm are gone..... even the wind.

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

We are currently gearing up for a blizzard event.  Warnings from 6 tonight until 5am Monday.  Estimations are varying from 4 inches to a foot depending on how this comes over the hills.  I'm keeping my butt home until it's all over with.  I will take pics as this unfolds though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)