Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BP issue

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

Dh's high bp is pretty much managed by meds while sitting still, but still high. It typically drops dramatically when he stands up, which may trigger the seizures. We never knew this until he was in the hospital last week. However, last night he had a small seizure while standing/walking and his bp was up to 183/196. He was wearing the monitor at the same time. I can't imagine what they are going to do about this.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm. sounds like quite a medical puzzle.  Hope the figure it all out.  

daisybelle1960
by Shutterbug Diva on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh gosh!! That's off the charts high!! Let us know what they decide to do. Scary I'm sure!

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Wow that is high.  Is he back to drinking at all?  How much does he smoke...like chain smoker or less than a pack a day?  I still think this is weighing greatly on his issues.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

He quit drinking and I've made sure we have extra sweets around the house because alcoholics crave sugar when they stop. He said that he doesn't miss drinking. He started back with the smoking about a half a pack per day and before that picks back up, I'm going to insist he just stop. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before the drinking sounds good again. He didn't have any seizures for the few days he was home and didn't smoke, which was naturally the first thing out of my mouth that I pointed out to him. He's so lucky to have me pointing things out for him...lol

Quoting firemouse23:

Wow that is high.  Is he back to drinking at all?  How much does he smoke...like chain smoker or less than a pack a day?  I still think this is weighing greatly on his issues.

BaBeezandMe
by Dungeon CakeChic on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my, I hope they can find a treatment that his bp issues

sonogal
by Baby Diva on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Wow - crazy high.  It's so aggravating that all the time in the hospital they didn't try to recreate the situations in which he has the seizures.  The smoking absolutely contributes to the HBP, since it narrows the blood vessels.  I hope he stops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)