Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just around the corner...............

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

Christmas ..that is!  Now before you go postal on me for mentioning it.  I have a legitimate reason.  I am reading a book about  " Simplifying the Holidays".  The very first thing it asks is for you to list your five favorite things/traditions.  It gives you a guide to what is really important and what is just "busyness".  

Please share your five favorite things/traditions: 

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
HEAVNLI1
by Derby City Diva on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Here are mine:

1.I love Christmas Cards... getting them ..sending them.  I especially love making mine from scratch.  It is therapy for me and I put tons of love in those cards.  I do not send out loads of them , just to people who really matter to me. 

2. DH and I always make one trip to the mall the week before Christmas with no real shopping to do.  Jacobson's has a baby grand piano and they have someone playing christmas carols in a very comfy seated area.  There are often chorus groups from local schools in the center court and sometimes even dancers.  I love this!  

3. The last three years I have found an opportunity at least once to pay it forward.... either at the gas pump, the grocery, or by helping a family. This really means alot to me as I have been in need at Christmas before and someone stepped in. 

4. Christmas Lights.... love them! 

5. Finding that one perfect gift that was not on the kids list... often it is something very small, but it reminds them that I am listening to them year round.  

firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jul. 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

1. Getting together with my kids and grandkids. Their Christmas Eve's and Day's are taken and reserved for them...so we typically pick a day close to Christmas to get together, exchange gifts via secret santa. 

2. Lights and Decorations.  I love to decorate for Christmas.  This is something I have gotten away from for a while now.  I want to get back to it but the weather has to cooperate.

I love receiving cards..but I have always sucked at getting things in the mail.  I start with the best intentions...buy cards, address cards...buy postage...then completely forget to put the damn things in the mail.  So, I quit spending money on them.  I have taken a more personal approach via call or text or pm these days. Thank goodness for technology...lol.

I don't really have any other traditions as I hate crowds so I dread shopping that time of year for anything.  I do manage to get it done but I try to go in very short spurts so I don't go postal.

daisybelle1960
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM
3 moms liked this

1. Christmas day dh is not allowed to leave the house. This is a        special day for family and nothing else.

2. A big turkey dinner for Christmas day is my special treat for my family.

3. We like to drive around and look at the lights.

4.  The special meals with our parents and siblings.

5.  I watch "the Waltons's Homecoming" movie on Christmas day.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Chameleon Queen on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We started a funny gag gift tradition and it is a hoot.

Love my bil's prime rib dinner on Christmas day

I love to look at the lights

Love the classic Christmas movies
Melinda67
by Dungeon Queen on Aug. 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

umm..wow...5 things...

1) the lights...love christmas lights

2) the scrooge with Alistar Sims..it's the ONLY version I love! 

3) love recieving cards, just suck at getting them out...

wow...5 things...;not easy...not one of my favorite holidays....it's gotten to be way over commercialized.....

4) family....getting to be with family

5)the food...I love food...hence the reason I am 80lbs overweight..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)