Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Morning Divas ( Sunday 07/26)

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

How is everyone doing?  It is a quiet morning in our house.  Luna is with her daddy, OS, and DH are still sleeping.  OS has found a couple of condos and is trying to get through all the paperwork regarding rules, regulations, and so on before making a decision on which one to buy.   My folks are doing pretty well right now.  My dad is even making some little outings in his car, small grocery trips and drive thru's like the bank and pharmacy. So far so good.  

The wedding is around the corner and OS is going to make the trip to FL with us.  I am thrilled about it.  I know that DH will be otherwise busy and OS and I will have a blast hanging out.  We will be there Sat - Sat and the wedding is not until Friday.  So we will have a few days of fun before all that hits.  We learned yesterday that they expect everyone to attend the rehersal dinner on Thursday.   Not thrilled about that , but it's their deal.  Not at all looking forward to spending time with the in-laws.

YS is up and down.  Saw him ast night ans he said he was going back to church today.  That he needed to find some friends who had other things on their agenda besides getting high.  Praying ,as always, for his sobriety.

Work is good, that is the one place where I have a little control. LOL  It appears as thought Dh has decided to take a hands off approach to the house.  He just goes form room to room leaving messes behind. 

I think this is his way of passive aggressively reminding me that he is not happy about taking the house off the market.  This morning I went downstairs and got a empty box and just started putting all his crap that he has left behind in it. I will take it to the basement and just leave it there.  LOL, the irony here is that this is exactly what he used to do when the kids left stuff out.   I think the fact that I have ,for once in this marriage, finally put my foot down has thrown him off a bit.   After all, I have been accomodating as heck for the last 2 years.  I am not feeling as bendable as I used to be.  Poor guy acts like he is  hostage here, yet the doors are wide open and swing both ways. 

How are thing in your world ? Anything new going on ?

by on Jul. 26, 2015 at 7:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
firemouse23
by Queen of the Divas on Jul. 26, 2015 at 4:11 PM

We just finished our big race weekend.  I'm sore as hell but it went really well. I always look forward to but dread this race weekend. It's nice seeing all of the familiar faces come to town to race.  Other than that it's business as usual around here.  

I'm laughing over here picturing your DH throwing his little fit that you aren't just rolling over for him anymore.  I think the reason he doesn't leave is he can't play the martyr if he does.  He needs you to tell him to get out in order to get his sympathy ploy just the way he wants it.  I continue to pray for your youngest.  I hope he can find happiness and with it sobriety. I'm glad your oldest is going with you to Florida...I want to see lots of pics of you guys having fun while waiting for the wedding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)