Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tampa area!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 3:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Anyone!!!

Is this area good for families... pros/cons.

I was born and raised in south florida then moved away and I cant take the winters ( midwest here) anymore I think I may lose my friggin mind. LOL. I think tampa cuz I looooove the beaches and y not a change of scenery. :)

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

the lady with the frozen toes.... haha

by on Dec. 20, 2011 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dragonmamas
by Ari - Group Owner on Dec. 20, 2011 at 11:18 PM
I'm in Sarasota county, pretty much always have been so I'm big sure. There are a few ladies in this group, in that area. Here's a bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FriendlyFreca
by New Member on Dec. 21, 2011 at 9:53 PM
My familx has been in tampa for almost 25yrs. . . My grandparents have lived in 3 homes in the same neighborhood. . Lol. . . I love it. . Just make sure u find a good School. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ViridianSoul
by Tabbie on Dec. 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM

I guess it all depends on what you're looking for, really. I assume there are a lot of nice areas, but I haven't been here long enough to know where they are. I live near Brandon, and while a lot of people apparently like it, I personally find it hellish. Of course, this is also given the fact that I lived my entire life until early this past year in the country, middle of nowhere, and the traffic around here and hoardes of stupid drivers just kill me.

I don't know a blessed thing about the schools because I homeschool my son. He's 5 so I only just started.

If you do move here, make SURE you have a job all lined up, because the employment thing basically really sucks right now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My blogs and CM group, opinionated as all get-out:

ghostsmurf
by New Member on Jan. 8, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in Clearwater just moved here in Oct. because of my husband got a new job and I love it here. When we moved here we had three foster children it was a pain to get them in school but once i finally got them there it was a great school. I looked up the scores and they all seem to have good grades

Kimberly954
by on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I would research school districts there.  I am a little south of there. Typically the better areas have the higher rated schools. Not always the case because my neighborhood is zoned for an F rated school currently but they are building us a new school. I lived in S. Fl for 10 years and moved up here 2 years ago. My family likes it better.

cp428
by on Jan. 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I also grew up in South FL, but I've lived in Tampa for 9 years now & we love it. Same conveniences as South FL with a little less craziness. Lots to do & lots of nice areas. Good schools depending on what neighborhood you choose, but there's lots of different areas with something for everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)