Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gossips/Talebearers and Busybodies.. What does the BIBLE SAY?

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 2024 Total Views

So the subject of Gossiping came up recently.. So I wanted to look up scripture on it..

I was suprized to find that the ACTUAL WORD GOSSIP... IS NOT IN THE KJV.

So I looked up other words relevant..

Talebearer

Busybodies

Can anyone think of other words I should look up?

But so I found these Verses..

2Th 3:11

For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

2Th 3:12

Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

2Th 3:13

But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

2Th 3:14

And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

1Ti 5:11

But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;

1Ti 5:12

Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith.

1Ti 5:13

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

1Ti 5:14

I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

1Ti 5:15 For some are already turned aside after Satan.

Lev 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.

Pro 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

Pro 18:8 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

Pro 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.

Pro 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

From here down are just things which are about things we say or things which come out of our mouth.. Still it is a hint of how GOD sees our words.. and his opinion of how we should talk.. or not talk..

Job 15:6 Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.

Job 15:13 That thou turnest thy spirit against God, and lettest such words go out of thy mouth?

Job 16:10 They have gaped upon me with their mouth; they have smitten me upon the cheek reproachfully; they have gathered themselves together against me.

Psa 5:9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

Psa 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

Psa 36:3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.

Psa 50:19

Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.

Psa 55:21

The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.

Psa 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

Psa 63:11 But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

Pro 6:12 A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.

Personally.. I think this  the last verses.. Should be our prayer!

Psa 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Pro 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.

Pro 4:24 Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.

by on Sep. 24, 2011 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN