Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What am i missing??

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 267 Total Views
Delilah only pukes when I eat something she reacts to... She just threw up all over me... I dont think I've had any dairy, gluten, or eggs... Not in over 24 hours...(I paid for taco bell dearly... But she had her reaction to that last night)
Today I had pancakes for breakfast. I made them: rice flour, applesauce(instead of egg) almond milk, vanilla, baking powder, salt. All things I've had before.
Had an orange for lunch... Oooh... Citrus can be an issue, right? I've eaten them before though...
And now I'm making dinner... To drink, I've had coffee... Which I had every day. And apple juice, which I've had before. (I dislike straight water so I water down apple juice)
If I go back a full 24 hours: I've had peanut butter, brown sugar, rice, rice milk, bananas, cocoa powder, pork chops. The only thing in that list that I haven't had before is peanut butter... But I use almond butter with no issue...
She obviously miserable again... She usually only gets like this when I have eggs or dairy... What should I cut out next?
(sorry its rambly... I tend to get like that...)

Ugh just realized the peanut butter has an allergy warning that it's processed in a place that processes dairy as well, so may contain traces of dairy... Could she be that sensitive to it?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM
It's probably still the taco bell. With my boy's dairy intolerance if I inadvertently ate some dairy or when he was older and I tried to test it it usually took 3 days to get better again. Technically dairy can stick around for 2 weeks, so she could have issues off and on til it clears both your systems again. If that long goes by and she's still having trouble, reevaluate, but since you know you ate dairy just a day ago I'm very certain that's the problem tonight. (and my kiddo couldn't handle the amount of dairy he got if I ate 2 m&m's and I've never had problems with the peanut butter that has that type of warning label, I think it's more in case of cross contamination that it actually containing any)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Unless it was hidden, taco bell was dairy free... Or contamination eh? Fast food? And here i thought if I had them keep the cheese off I was good... I totally forgot about cross contamination...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM
Oh most of those taco bell sauces have milk. My husband loves that place, but I won't eat there because once you leave off the cheese & sauce it's gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Really? Oh shoot I never thought to check that!
Yah my favorite thing their has cheese sauce and sour cream...:/ so I had a soft taco "al fresco" and the added sauce... Oops...:/ guess I need to research a little heavier instead of just assuming...:/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
collinsmommy0
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Here's the list of dairy free taco bell items: http://www.godairyfree.org/Dining-Out/Fast-Food-Restaurants/Taco-Bell.html

Taco bell actually seems to have more dairy free items than most fast food places!

Assume when you eat out that there is dairy in everything (bread, sauces, marinades, etc). I once got a dairy free item from a local restaurant....but the cook put butter in the pan before cooking it & DS had a reaction.

My guess is cross contamination or something with dairy from taco bell. Like pp said, it can take up to a month to get out of baby's system.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I just searched around...
The green sauce contains soy... I used a large amount of green sauce...:/
Now I know... No more fast food... Not worth the risk...:(
Better for me anyways... I just feel bad for baby girl. We've made so much progress over the past 2 weeks and then i go and do this... Sigh...
Will it be like starting over? Or just a small setback?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM
It's hard. You get everything else right and then you forget about the butter they toast the bun with!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:46 AM
It's more like a setback, not like starting all over. At least in my experience.

Quoting srbeusk:

I just searched around...

The green sauce contains soy... I used a large amount of green sauce...:/

Now I know... No more fast food... Not worth the risk...:(

Better for me anyways... I just feel bad for baby girl. We've made so much progress over the past 2 weeks and then i go and do this... Sigh...

Will it be like starting over? Or just a small setback?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Jan. 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh good thanks! I hope that'll be our experience also!
And now I know and will be more careful...;P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM
most taco meat seasonings used have both whey and wheat in them. This can cause issues for weeks even eating it once. I honestly would stay away from fast food for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)