Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I ate peanuts (PIOG).....

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 121 Total Views
I'm on a pretty restricted diet due to
DS, which includes no peanuts. DS gets red rashes ALL OVER his arms & under his legs/knees/thighs when I've eaten peanuts in the past. I ate peanuts by mistake last night (in a vegan cookie for V-day)

Well, so far there is no reaction!!!!! WOOOHOOO

All of a sudden, about 1 week ago, DSs excema cleared up - I dont know if it was the oatmeal bath I gave him, his anti-histamine, or his digestive system maturing, but hopefully he will continue to have no reaction! If there's nothing by tonight, I'm going to try to eat another one of the cookies!!!!!!

I'm SO excited! DS is 9.5 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I wouldn't jump to think his peanut allergy is gone though. very small amounts of proteins enter through your milk.  Just be super careful. Also when I've accidentally had something in the past it took a day or so to see the results (depending on what it was) usually through eczema or diarrhea.  My son has never been exposed to peanuts so I don't know his reaction.  He does have anaphylaxis to other things so I would assume it would be that way for peanuts too. I had peanut butter a few times when he was first born, not knowing his allergens until he was 5 months old though.  I hope your LO is and will outgrow some!

vampire2007
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM

yay! i hope you can eat peanuts again. my dd is 9.5 months as well and i still cant eat peanuts...i can eat some foods that say may contain traces but others i cant :/

on the other hand its not that bad cuz tree nuts and peanuts are the only thing i am eliminating now..i reintroduced everything else!

GL to you :)

larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Yay for being able to eat peanuts again!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)