Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice.

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 132 Total Views

So after eliminating dairy, wheat, soy and egg. We figured out that it solved my dd's problems. She didnt have anymore blood in her poo. So now we were going to start adding stuff in. Starting with soy since its in most things. Well last night was my first time adding stuff in and I did. I did Tofu, soy sauce(which I realised too late had wheat in it so blah) rice and peas. Well sure enough my daughter was a little fussy and has green poo again. What do you all think it most likely is the wheat or soy? I would think soy because I had sooo much of it, and I aslo thought I had heard that soy and milk had the same type of protien in it. Any help would be great. Of course I realize I need to be a lot more careful on my labels I just assumed soy sauce wouldnt have anything else. My bad. Thanks.

by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I would guess it's the soy. The amount of wheat in soy sauce is pretty small and I'm assuming you just put a bit on your rice, not drank the whole bottle, lol. Anyway, you ate a lot of soy and very little what, so she'd have to be incredibly sensitive to wheat for that to be the culprit. Plus soy is the more common culprit out of those.

Soy & milk have a similar, hard to digest protein. 50% who have an allergy to milk will also be allergic to soy (I'm not sure about the statistics in reverse).

You should probably be allergen free for at 2 weeks again before testing any other foods, that way you know she's reacting (if she reacts) to the newly introduced food and not the proteins leftover from your soy test last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

ok great thanks. I dont want to keep eating soy if it is the culprit. Maybe I should start with wheat instead and then go to soy. I wish they just had a quick test that worked for her age. I dont like the test and see method.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)