Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So frustrated!!!! PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 304 Total Views

So I have had to eliminate Dairy, soy, eggs and wheat from my diet. We figured out that was the issue so we decided to reintroduce soy first. Well the first night I had tofu, rice, peas and soy sauce. Little did I know the soy sauce has wheat also. But her poop the next day was soo green I assumed it was the soy not the wheat because thats what I had the majority of. So I decided to go with wheat instead, and I thought we were doing fine. No green poop, but I took in her samples to check for blood in her poop. And she had blood in there. I am so frustrated because I still think soy is out and now know for sure wheat is. What can I eat now? I dont want her belly to hurt anymore. Help.

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
srbeusk
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I'm on the same diet...:)
Gluten free because it turns out I'm allergic. Egg and dairy free because Delilah (my nurser) is allergic (and turns out her older brother is also) and soy free by choice. I just don't trust it...

I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. :) I've discovered a love for baked asparagus. Just yesterday I made twice baked potatoes. Used gluten free vegan soy free "cheese" and earth balance gluten free vegan soy free butter, and garlic. I did allow a little soy in by using a soy based sour cream, but it's a small amount rarely.
I found an awesome ice cream by so delicious. :) it's cocont milk based.
I also use so delicious coconut creamers. Not a big fan of coconut milk.
Mimicreme (google it) is supposed to replace cream in most recipies. Works for my coffee just fine, lol.
To make whilped cream, put a can of coconut milk in the fridge, when you open it, it has the consistency of whipped cream. :)
I like brown rice pasta even better than wheat pasta (it's more expensive though). Breakfast I've been making gf pancakes or oatmeal (I cheated and didn't buy specifically gf, and I need to remedy that next time I go shopping) when looking up recipies, look up vegan, gluten free...:)
Bread is something I'm still searching for a suitable replacement. I've been told to make my own but I'm not much of a baker, ;) lol.
I do eat a lot of salad, but i add in avocado, onions, tuna or chicken.
Oh and to replace egg when you are baking, you can use fruit purees or make a "flax egg" which is 1 tbsp flax and 3 tbsp water...
Anyways... I've been on this diet since December 26th...;)
It gets easier, lol... I promise...;)

Also, it takes up to a month to clear Dairy from your diet, and another month to clear it from hers... We got lucky and noticed a huge difference within a week...
And good luck...it's all worth it in the end to have a happy, healthy baby...:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy smokes I wrote a dang book! I'm sorry! Lol
Oh and please excuse typos. I'm on my phone, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Try not to be too frustrated :-) I went back and looked at your other posts just to be sure, and you haven't been doing this very long at all (since 1/30, so under a month), and it's only been 5 days since your soy test (2/17). The blood in the still is almost certainly remnants from this, and not because you are going to have to continue to eliminate wheat. Just give it a little more time for that soy to get back outta your systems (and since it hasn't even been a month, it could definitely still be traces of the other proteins in your body as well)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Well we did a test a week after I stopped all and it was from 3 seperate days. And it came back fine, so I dont think its just remnants sadly. And the only reason I am frustrated is because I dont want my baby in pain. She has been fussy this week and I thought it was just cause she was teething(very drooly), but now I dont think so at all. Thank you srbeusk, I really appreciate all the helpful info. I hope that after my appt with her pediatrician I can get set up with a nutritionist or something to help with menu planning. I dont think I am getting hardly any calcium and am finding myself eating the same things over and over again. I know it doesnt seem that long to be going through this as most of you have probably been doing it a lot longer, but with my last 30 weeks of pregnancy I was on a diabetic diet so I was looking forward to finally eating what I wanted and now I am even more restricted. Its just sucky and I was looking for some support/guidance.

larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I'm sorry if I came off as unsupportive, that was in no way my intent. Sometimes I'm not sure why I even bother!

I think the first month or two is by far the hardest, and st a little over 3 weeks, yeah I'm sure you are struggling. And I've never been nearly as restricted as you are, I admire how much you're giving up for baby. I wasn't pointing out the shortness of duration to minimize anything, but to let you know the problems could be from stuff still clearing out of your system, that's all. No insult intended.
SIGHS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Once I'm at my computer tomorrow I will give you some ideas! I have been free of those allergens (plus 20 something more) for almost 2 years. There are alternatives to just about everything that you are eliminating. I can give you recipes for rich delicious chocolate cake if you want it or pizza, or whatever you are craving (except an omlet! Sorry I have no suggestions on how to accomplish that without eggs!!) you can do it! The beginning is VERY hard. We all know that. Heck even 2 years later I get frustrated sometimes and you are allowed to feel that way! Its ok to be upset, depressed, angry, frustrated but remember that passes. Things get easier and it becomes your new normal. Tell me what you are craving and I will give you an alternative! I have a recipe box full of baked goods, I have a brain full of ideas for meals and snacks. Also join the Cooking/Baking with Food Allergies group. There are so many recipes in there and it continues to grow each day. Big Hugs Mama! We are here for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
So did I ever give you a recipe a few weeks ago! I can't remember! Did you join that group? Anyhoo, I'm on mobile but here's a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Make your own all purpose flour first. You will have to buy these ingredients and they will last you to bake a bunch of stuff for yourself. All Purpose Flour: 1 1/4 c. Brown Rice Flour, 1 1/4 c. White Rice Flour, 1 c. Sweet White Rice Flour, 1 c. Tapioca Four, 2 tsp Xanthan Gum. Mix those all together and put it in a container to store the unused portion. Here's the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe: Use 2 1/4 c. Of that all purpose flour you made 1 c. Powdered sugar, 1 c. Butter (earth balance dairy/soy free) 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 c. Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips. set oven on 350, mix butter and sugar together until fluffy, add vanilla to creamed butter mixture, add flour slowly to the butter stirring as you add. Finally add chocolate chips. Knead cookie dough and set in fridge for 10 min. Roll dough into desired size and bake for 15 or so minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Chocolate Cake/Cupcakes/Cake Pops - 2 c. Of your all purpose flour you made from above, 1 tsp of each of the following baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, 4 TBS of apple sauce, 1/2 c. Butter (earth balance dairy/soy free) 1 c. Coconut Milk (or safe milk you use) 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 c. Sugar or sugar substitute, 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla, 4 TBS pure cocoa powder. Preheat oven 350 - cream butter, sugar and vanilla together in a mixing bowl and set aside, mix flour, salt, b. Powder, b. Soda, cocoa powder in a separate bowl and set aside. Measure your milk and add apple cider vinegar, set aside. Combine flour 1/2 c. At a time to your creamed butter, alternate milk, flour, milk, flour until all is combined. Continue to mix until batter is thick. Pour into cupcake papers, or cake pan and bake. Cupcakes took approx 23-25 mins. I never made into a cake yet. :) you can frost it with your own frosting like whipping powdered sugar with coconut milk and cocoa powder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:48 PM
I just made chicken pot pie last week with this crust recipe. It was awesome! 1 1/2 c. All purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tbs sugar or honey, 1 pinch sea salt, 1/2 cup melted butter (earth balance) 8 TBS apple sauce. Combine all dry ingredients, add apple sauce and mix, add melted butter and knead throughly. Use wax paper to roll dough out to desired size (pie pan, or any other baking dish you would use for pies) you can now insert either your own chicken and veggie mixture (can give you recipe if needed) or even make it into an apple pie using apples, cinnamon, sugar and butter. I also use this dough to roll flat and make pizza or pizza pockets, i've used it for pop tarts or cinnamon squares. It very quick and easy. Set oven on 425 and bake until golden brown. Usually about 20 minutes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM
actually I rolled small thin circles from the dough and layed them over an upside down cupcake pan and baked them like little cups and filled them with my chicken pot pie mixture! :) kids loved it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN