Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have had to eliminate Dairy, soy, eggs and wheat from my diet. We figured out that was the issue so we decided to reintroduce soy first. Well the first night I had tofu, rice, peas and soy sauce. Little did I know the soy sauce has wheat also. But her poop the next day was soo green I assumed it was the soy not the wheat because thats what I had the majority of. So I decided to go with wheat instead, and I thought we were doing fine. No green poop, but I took in her samples to check for blood in her poop. And she had blood in there. I am so frustrated because I still think soy is out and now know for sure wheat is. What can I eat now? I dont want her belly to hurt anymore. Help.

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Replies (11-18):
srbeusk
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Aw man! You haven't figured out how to make eggless egg dishes yet? Sheesh...;P

That's something I'm missing, lol.
I want a fried egg something fierce...
With toast... Mmmmm

Quoting angelbabies14:

Once I'm at my computer tomorrow I will give you some ideas! I have been free of those allergens (plus 20 something more) for almost 2 years. There are alternatives to just about everything that you are eliminating. I can give you recipes for rich delicious chocolate cake if you want it or pizza, or whatever you are craving (except an omlet! Sorry I have no suggestions on how to accomplish that without eggs!!) you can do it! The beginning is VERY hard. We all know that. Heck even 2 years later I get frustrated sometimes and you are allowed to feel that way! Its ok to be upset, depressed, angry, frustrated but remember that passes. Things get easier and it becomes your new normal. Tell me what you are craving and I will give you an alternative! I have a recipe box full of baked goods, I have a brain full of ideas for meals and snacks. Also join the Cooking/Baking with Food Allergies group. There are so many recipes in there and it continues to grow each day. Big Hugs Mama! We are here for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Can I just say...you rock! I swear you eat better than any average American and you are avoiding like 30 foods!

Quoting angelbabies14:

actually I rolled small thin circles from the dough and layed them over an upside down cupcake pan and baked them like little cups and filled them with my chicken pot pie mixture! :) kids loved it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:49 PM

lol!  I try to bend over backwards to make my family feel "normal" or above normal so they don't feel left out, or short changed! :) I have a huge need to make people happy. 

I didn't tell you, three days ago I personally went to completely Vegan, actually High Raw Vegan.  Like 95% of my food is raw. Today I did prepare Quinoa and ate a few mouthfuls but other than that its raw and I gave up all animal products for now. All my meals are raw fruits and veggies. I wish I could eat nuts! I would be able to stay this way because it would give me more options for making high raw vegan recipes. They all call for nuts!  My son is still eating meat (as is the other family members who refuse to give it up) but I've added mostly raw fruits and veggies to the kids meals. They don't even notice!  They just eat whatever I put in front of them.  My son loves meat and I would be starving him if I took it away right now.  So for now I allow him to eat the meats he isn't allergic to.  :)

Quoting larissalarie:

Can I just say...you rock! I swear you eat better than any average American and you are avoiding like 30 foods!

Quoting angelbabies14:

actually I rolled small thin circles from the dough and layed them over an upside down cupcake pan and baked them like little cups and filled them with my chicken pot pie mixture! :) kids loved it

angelbabies14
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I'm going to figure it out someday!  :P lol I've replaced everything else so far, its only a matter of time!  I really don't know what could replace like an omlet.  I can't remember what some of these foods taste like anymore. I ate them for almost 30 years then just like that, in two years you forget!

Quoting srbeusk:

With toast... Mmmmm

Quoting angelbabies14:

Once I'm at my computer tomorrow I will give you some ideas! I have been free of those allergens (plus 20 something more) for almost 2 years. There are alternatives to just about everything that you are eliminating. I can give you recipes for rich delicious chocolate cake if you want it or pizza, or whatever you are craving (except an omlet! Sorry I have no suggestions on how to accomplish that without eggs!!) you can do it! The beginning is VERY hard. We all know that. Heck even 2 years later I get frustrated sometimes and you are allowed to feel that way! Its ok to be upset, depressed, angry, frustrated but remember that passes. Things get easier and it becomes your new normal. Tell me what you are craving and I will give you an alternative! I have a recipe box full of baked goods, I have a brain full of ideas for meals and snacks. Also join the Cooking/Baking with Food Allergies group. There are so many recipes in there and it continues to grow each day. Big Hugs Mama! We are here for you.

larissalarie
by Group Owner on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I can't imagine trying to be vegan without nuts!

Quoting angelbabies14:

lol!  I try to bend over backwards to make my family feel "normal" or above normal so they don't feel left out, or short changed! :) I have a huge need to make people happy. 

I didn't tell you, three days ago I personally went to completely Vegan, actually High Raw Vegan.  Like 95% of my food is raw. Today I did prepare Quinoa and ate a few mouthfuls but other than that its raw and I gave up all animal products for now. All my meals are raw fruits and veggies. I wish I could eat nuts! I would be able to stay this way because it would give me more options for making high raw vegan recipes. They all call for nuts!  My son is still eating meat (as is the other family members who refuse to give it up) but I've added mostly raw fruits and veggies to the kids meals. They don't even notice!  They just eat whatever I put in front of them.  My son loves meat and I would be starving him if I took it away right now.  So for now I allow him to eat the meats he isn't allergic to.  :)

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting angelbabies14:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Nuts and most beans! :/  I'm going to try it out. If not for anything but to detox my body and get my health back. I've done it before (before kids) but at least I had ALL foods to choose from.  My health was really suffering on many levels (not from out elimination diet) I just need to feel better. 

Quoting larissalarie:

I can't imagine trying to be vegan without nuts!

Quoting angelbabies14:

Quoting larissalarie:

Quoting angelbabies14:

srbeusk
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Oh I know! Dh thought his milk was going bad, so I took a mouthful to taste it, and it was like... Aaaaahhhhmmmmm..... And then I spit it out (even one sip of milk is to much for my daughter) but it just tated like sweet buttery deliciousness, lol!
Sigh... It's all for the best...;) I keep telling myself that...

Quoting angelbabies14:

I'm going to figure it out someday!  :P lol I've replaced everything else so far, its only a matter of time!  I really don't know what could replace like an omlet.  I can't remember what some of these foods taste like anymore. I ate them for almost 30 years then just like that, in two years you forget!

Quoting srbeusk:

With toast... Mmmmm

Quoting angelbabies14:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Quoting angelbabies14:

Thank you thank you thankyou. I will be trying these out very soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)