Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just went wheat free 4 days ago, for myself, and so far I'm amazed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
brittanyx22
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM
We're doing pretty well :) Baby seems to be able to tolerate small amounts of milk protein here and there. I had something last week that I didn't realize had butter in it and she seemed to handle it pretty well. I still am eating like she cant handle it, though, because since I havent had it in so long it makes me sick.

I'm so thankful that the only issue we have had was milk protein issues. It would be SO hard to cut out soy and gluten/wheat on top of that! Good for you mommas that have done it!
angelbabies14
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM
We are still eliminating 30+ foods from our diet. Kai is almost 28 months old now and still nursing like a newborn. Life has been stressful for us. Currently he has a very bad Eczema flare up and that could be do to many things. Dogs for one. Also the fact that I tried something that said "corn used in this product may contain traces of soy" and well.... It obviously DOES contain soy. We never do that but I was curious and now I know. Also we had been using certain "Gluten Free" products and come to find the company is not making them gluten free. It contained over 20ppm and that my friends is NOT free from wheat and gluten but there product packaging says "Certified Gluten Free" anyhoo, it's tough. Kai reacts to new foods all the time. Financially its a huge stress to survive with a family of 5 on an elimination diet of 30 foods. We do it, but its not comfortable. I try to work at night when SO gets home from working all day. I'm always stressed but happy that God gave me the know how to continue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2012 at 12:13 PM
That sounds so stressful. Your poor kiddo! (and mama) He's so lucky you are doing this, do you ever wonder what such a sensitive child would do without being able to nurse? That's frustrating too that you can't trust the packaging on a gluten free product. That's so dangerous really.

Quoting angelbabies14:

We are still eliminating 30+ foods from our diet. Kai is almost 28 months old now and still nursing like a newborn. Life has been stressful for us. Currently he has a very bad Eczema flare up and that could be do to many things. Dogs for one. Also the fact that I tried something that said "corn used in this product may contain traces of soy" and well.... It obviously DOES contain soy. We never do that but I was curious and now I know. Also we had been using certain "Gluten Free" products and come to find the company is not making them gluten free. It contained over 20ppm and that my friends is NOT free from wheat and gluten but there product packaging says "Certified Gluten Free" anyhoo, it's tough. Kai reacts to new foods all the time. Financially its a huge stress to survive with a family of 5 on an elimination diet of 30 foods. We do it, but its not comfortable. I try to work at night when SO gets home from working all day. I'm always stressed but happy that God gave me the know how to continue!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Mar. 12, 2012 at 2:28 AM
Ouch! I'm so sorry!
Can I ask what the products were?
That's insane!

Quoting angelbabies14:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN