Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yarg piog cloth diaper vent

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 170 Total Views
Not a vent about using cloth diapers persay. Dustin's helper, who has been told on SEVERAL different occasions by both of us to not clean Anah's diapers, or run them in the dryer while he is doing laundry, or anything like that, did just that. He ran her diapers through the dryer. I had washed them and was planning on moving them this afternoon, our dryer has a cool air setting that does not use any heat, which I prefer to use for all our clothes as it presrves the fibers/weaves.....he ran the diapers on medium heat. This is the second time he has done this, and it isn't just the inserts. It is the covers too. Dustin explained to him last time he did this that we do not want him messing with the diapers because he does not read the care instructions and could frankly ruin the diapers. So what is the FIRST thing he does when he comes in today? Goes downstairs and puts the diapers in the dryer and runs them on medium heat! I was home today because Anah has a nasty stomach virus and couldn't go to daycare. He could have asked me what I wanted him to do with them (which he has been told but obviously does not remember-move them aside and LET ME DEAL WITH THEM). He did not even need to go downstairs except to bring up a load he started yesterday which I finished. He didn't need to move the diapers out of the washer, he just did it without thinking. I wish he would just leave things alone when I ask him to, or when Dustin asks him to.
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
collinsmommy0
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM
I put all my CDers in the dryer & run them on medium heat. If they are new, I run them on high heat to seal the PUL.

That would upset me if someone couldn't follow simple directions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 8:24 PM
What is most frustrating is that since the first time he did it, I have noticed a little leakage, not a lot, but just a bit of dampness. I check the care instructions for all clothing that goes through my house- these are cool dry or line dry only :/. If he would read the care instructions, it wouldn't be a big deal, but I guess that would be too much.
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM
bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN