Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pictures of your angel **Pictures included in post**

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am hearing lots of different views on the photos being shared by the Duggar family.  I looked at the photos and they are very tactful and even beautiful!  I don't care that this was her 23rd pregnancy, a baby is always a blessing and a loss still hurts.  

When I delivered Jolynn, it was encouraged by the hospital that we have photos, and a photographer gifted us professional photos.  Delivery was traumatic on her small, fragile, body and is evident in some of the pictures, for that reason, I chose not to share my pictures publicly (such as facebook) and I created a website for the sole purpose of sharing the pictures with anyone who wanted to see them, even if that is only me. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jolynn_thiede

This is my favorite pic.  Please feel free to post pictures of your angel here.  

by on Dec. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TylersMom1224
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. I feel like if my son survived and and died at 10 years old, People would not have a problem with me keeping his pictures and showing his pictures so why is it inappropriate to hide his pics bc he passed at birth.. I feel thats not right and insensitive to the parents that lost the baby.. Just my opinion

Caffeineplease
by Head Administrator on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Awe, That's a great picture. So sad. But its beautiful that you were able to have that picture to look back on. She looks so sweet and tiny! <3

I just recently shared photos of my son with my sisters and brothers..I was nervous to because you know its so personal and such a deep , deep, loving emotion  filled with sadness and all kinds of thoughts and emotions..and i wasn't prepared for someone to look at him and not feel what i felt.. But I'm glad I shared it with them regardless of what they thought.

Caffeineplease
by Head Administrator on Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Awe, hes so sweet and also tiny. Im happy you were able to hold him and feel him in your arms. ((((Sending you all warm hugs and lots of Love <3)))))

Quoting TylersMom1224:

I agree with you. I feel like if my son survived and and died at 10 years old, People would not have a problem with me keeping his pictures and showing his pictures so why is it inappropriate to hide his pics bc he passed at birth.. I feel thats not right and insensitive to the parents that lost the baby.. Just my opinion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)