Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 247 Total Views

Ok. Im not doing the traditional wedding by any means. I have ran into a few problems. anyway. Long story short, we had to ask a good friend to sit out of the wedding because we werent sure if we would have a big enough bridal party. (drama for another time) Well, now we need him back in. Simply because I have 2 flower girls. They are my daughters and if I leave them to walk by themselves it will turn into a marathon.

The plan is If we need said groomsmen to walk with sister that may or may not show up, we would ask the grooms mother to walk with said daughters.

My groom is confused. I guess I am too. he said his mom and dad are walking down the aisle, its normal for that. (normal, says the man that has been to 1 wedding in his life) Well I dont want to do that. the main reason is because my mom will not have any part of that. She is a single parent. She always has been. My dad is not in the picture. My uncle is walking me down.

Is it wrong for me to not want to have his parents walk so my mom doesnt have to?

I have also gave in to every damn thing his family has asked of me so far. I dont feel like its my day anymore and its pissing me off to tell you the truth.

Hopefully you made sense of this, because Im not in the best of moods to be typing.....lol!

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jaelynntanamom
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
It's your day do what YOU want not what his family wants
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie_to_be08
by Head Admin on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:17 PM
I agree its your wedding do as you please.. honestly our ushers (his nephew and niece) they both walked my mom and his mom down .... My FIL did not get walked down.. and since I am only 22 and my step dad has been in the picture for 18 years now, my dad and my step dad both walked me down.. but if he wasn't in my life so long he wouldn't have been walking either!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)