Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOOD has become my greatest stress!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

Ok, ladies, I NEED help!!  have a wonderful venue for my wedding ceremony & reception in a historic masonic temple.  We have gotten an amazing deal and it's a beautiful place with a stage, a huge dance floor, 2 balconies, and the DJ of the century! I'm proud of my self because I have no mother ore mother-in-law-to-be to help me, may their souls rest peacefully. I have most of this under control.  The biggest issue I have right now is that this beautiful venue has NO KITCHEN!!! I chose this place partially based on the fact that I'm not required to use their caterer and I figured it would be considerably less expensive to do our own food. I guess I never thought that my hubby-to-be would be so against having a caterer! I planned on finding a wonderful deal, (which I did) and just throwing a little cash at the problem.  He says no.... He is Puerto Rican and insists that the caterer wouldn't bring enough food for the money and will want to clean it all up early and leave. He wants to leave the food out and available!! I can't convince him that because there is no kitchen, that keeping the food warm (or cold) is going to be a chore! Our guest count is expected to reach 200+; We're going to need ALOT of food. He said we should get a local supermarket to give us a deal on fried chicken and see if we can get someone to help us with sides. The Ceremony is at 4 PM and so we feel obligated to provide a meal, but this is making me INSANE! I don' t want to spend more than about $7-800 on the whole meal... I need suggestions.. HEEEEELLPPP!!! 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)