Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Haven't seen anyone post...how is everyone?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 493 Total Views

It has been really busy here for us.With DH's work schedule and trying to work through dr appointments for MIL, it seems we are not at home at all each day.It is Spring break for the neighbor's kids and hearing all the kids play outside is fun.We had an eye appointment for my 18 yr old for new glasses which she is super excited for.It will help with seeing how to drive, she is finally wanting to learn to so we will be doing that soon.It is nice to see her step into her own world with almost done with school.She is still unsure about college but I know it will take time.

I have been shopping for an umbrella for the patio table. I am ready to put some flowers in the planters and pick out some hanging plants for the front porch.I am looking forward to this beautiful weather.

Hope everyone is doing alright.Hugs

Kaycoffee

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ekphrazein
by Member on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Hi! I am sorry I haven't kept up on here. I am glad that some of you are still around!

KateT3
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:49 AM

yeah it pretty much got to be 3 of us, me, giggles and another mom, being the only ones on here talking, sometimes not that much activity. I think we all got tired of almost no activity so we joined other groups or FB. BTW of those 3 none were the original leader JA that started the group. So sad!

giggle
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I agree, it is sad how this group turned out. I think this is maybe the 2nd time in a month I came here. I was posting a bit in another group and asked a question about how to handle my son sleeping in a backless booster seat because he kept slumping forward. I was ripped to shreds by other moms about how horrible I was to put him in that kind of seat. I don't believe I would have gotten that on the MLM page. Things have been good here. Can't believe my DS is almost over with Kindergarten already! Where does the time go. Hope all the other moms out there are well.

my2sweetjoys
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Quoting giggle:

I agree, it is sad how this group turned out. I think this is maybe the 2nd time in a month I came here. I was posting a bit in another group and asked a question about how to handle my son sleeping in a backless booster seat because he kept slumping forward. I was ripped to shreds by other moms about how horrible I was to put him in that kind of seat. I don't believe I would have gotten that on the MLM page. Things have been good here. Can't believe my DS is almost over with Kindergarten already! Where does the time go. Hope all the other moms out there are well.

The sad thing is for me, my 4 yr old is getting too big for the harness and we might be having to put him into a booster.I am sorry that they acted that way and I feel you have to have  agroup that will understand and give you advice.DS starts pre k in Aug and we are super excited about finally getting to go to school-sending hugs and glad you checked in

butterflyKay

my2sweetjoys
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting KateT3:

yeah it pretty much got to be 3 of us, me, giggles and another mom, being the only ones on here talking, sometimes not that much activity. I think we all got tired of almost no activity so we joined other groups or FB. BTW of those 3 none were the original leader JA that started the group. So sad!

I am glad you checked in , it is good to see you post.It is sad when a group gets no one to post.I feel bad not being able to keep it moving too.It is busy and so many things have been happening around the city.

Hugs

butterflyKay

my2sweetjoys
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting ekphrazein:

Hi! I am sorry I haven't kept up on here. I am glad that some of you are still around!

I feel quilty for not posting either and I am still here.Glad you checked in anf hope you are doing well.Hugs-

butterflyKay

ekphrazein
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Well, I am glad to see everyone is still a member and maybe some people will pop by from time to time.

ekphrazein
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM

It's sad that the 11alive moms thing never really took off, I don't know if its even still on there. The Fox station has a moms blog and I think they tried to start a forum but that didn't seem like it took off either. So sad, nothing will ever be like MLM. :(

KateT3
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Quoting giggle:

So sorry you got that rude treatment from that other group, totally uncalled for. I joined the Catholic Moms group and find it to be a very loving and kind group. While you may not be a Catholic Mom I know there are groups for moms of other denominations if that is something that might interest you. My sister once told me about a website called Just Mommies you might want to check out.  Take care and Good Luck.  P.S. Anybody hear from Seqoia or Kristylou?

giggle
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I haven't heard from Kristylou since MLM closed, I think. Wasn't she and her family moving to another state? As for Sequoia, Haven't heard from her in a good bit either. I sent her a message awhile back after she had been MIA for about a week- things had been busy with kids and all. There may not be much activity here, but I do need to start checking in more often. Thanks for those few that are still around and the kind words about the car seat thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN