Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice on how to deal with an annoying neighbor girl.......

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 289 Total Views
Our across the street neighbors have a son who is 13 and a daughter who is 4. Their daughter loves to play with my son who is 3. Them playing together started off okay, but now I feel like I am being taken advantage of (like a free babysitter). Her parents never watch her/them play. They send her older brother to wathc the kids and he is too busy playing his gameboy to pay attention to the kids.

When they play outside, my husband and I are always out there with them. They are little kids and anything can happen to them.This little girl is out of control bad. She is wild, screams in the faces of our dogs, drive her little car with my son in it like a crazy person, throws toys, and destroys our landscaping by driving her toy ride-on cars through our yard. To make matters worse, she has now taken it upon herself to come over and ring our doorbell to get my son to come out and play. When I tell her no he can't play because he is eating, taking a bath, or sleeping, she gets mad and starts to go into hysterics on my front porch. She invites herself to dinner every night and I make her ask her parents (who always say "no") but then the she pouts and cries.

I really don't want my son playing with this little girl. I tell her know whenever I can, but she comes over when we are outside playing and starts playing with us. She has destroyed my sons playroom in the 5 seconds I left them alone to go to the next room to get something.

Would it be wrong to send her home everytime she comes over? What do I do when we are outside and she comes over?
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
my2sweetjoys
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Wow! It does seem this little girl is out of control.I am sure it is more of a headache to deal with her.I would actually try to talk to her parents and explain that you like her being a friend to your son but her behavior is unacceptable at your house.I always make the kids that come over to play with my 4 yr clean up before they leave and it is something kids have to learn to do.I think you should set a time limit of when she is allowed to play and see if this helps.I think just being polite when you talk to her parents about her destroying the landscape will help to clear that up.Hopefully they are reasonable people that just needs to show boundaries with thier little girl.I am so sorry you are going through that and I hope things get better after you talk with her parents.

Explaining rules to her may not help but adding the talk with her parents might help her to learn she cannot act that way at other people's house.I would never want my 4 yr old to act out so bad that he would not be invited over other friend's houses.I know my boy is rough but I teach him to be polite when over someone's house.It sounds like the little girl needs to be taught some rules-

Keep us posted & hopefully it can be resolved!hugs

peacheylady
by New Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I say what pp said.......or just dont answer the door. Or walk her home and tell the parents to keep their hell raising child at home, she is not welcomed over at your house anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KateT3
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Ditto to the first mom who posted but it isn't easy to do. I wish you luck. Been there done that with several kids in my neighborhood!

giggle
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I agree, talk to the mom. Maybe when you are outside playing and she comes over, tell her she can play for maybe 10 minutes, then you want "family time" with your son. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)