Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last day of kindergarten

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

Well my son and I survived kindergarten. Gabriel made so many friends and had amazing teachers. He learned more than I ever thought possible. Barrow county changed things up starting next school year and he will be going to school almost an hour later and staying longer as well. They lenghtened the day by about a 1/2 hour to be able to cut it down to 120 days of school. It seems like all but 2 months the y have a week off for some reason or another. Also the school is going to try out "looping" where they will be with the same group of classmates and the same teacher. Not sure if it will be just every 2 years or if they will stay thru 5th grade. Gabriel was excited to know he will be in class with all his friends again. Unfortunately, his teacher won't be there the first couple months as she will be out on maternity leave. Looking forward to a fun summer than the start of first grade!

How did everyone elses kids do this school year? Hope everyone has a wonderful summer!

by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KenneMaw
by New Member on May. 22, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!  That is a big milestone and I am so happy your son did so well.  That has to make you feel so good - and proud :-)   My daughter is wrapping up elementary school this week. She will graduate from 5th grade on Thursday.  I can't believe it!   Kindergarten feels like yesterday and now she is off to middle school in 3 months!  YIKES!

Have a GREAT summer!

KateT3
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son did very well in his first year of high school. He didn't pass the math part of the CRCT and has to return june 19th for a retake. His high school band experience was great. Looking forward to another year of it. My middle son did pretty well in 7th grade. He got suspended the last 2 days for walking off campus during field day on Mon. That was a shocker. I would rather him had in school suspension but that wasn't what they gave him. DD did great in 2nd grade at her new school. We switched her since the county gave us a choice out of the other school in our district that we didn't like. She scored well above average in her CRCT schores. I was so proud. Looking forward to a great last day today and a wonderful summer.

Juanita679
by New Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)