Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dropping by to say Hi

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

It really makes me sad that it's been so long since I've been on here. I just wanted to stop by and say hello to my MLM friends but it looks like no one is active anymore....which makes me even more sad. If anyone does check in, I wanted to share some good news! I just graduated with my associates in January and have three more quarters left for my bachelors. My baby will be starting kindergarten this year and I have an internship lined up starting a month after school starts back. I really hope that all of you are doing well and I would love to hear from everyone! I miss you guys! This is when I really need some support from MLM. I miss the old site sooooo much because right now I would be crying to all of you about my youngest going to kindergarten. It's crazy how time goes by so quickly. Anyway, I hope that I hear from some of my old MLM friends!

Where is everybody?!?!?!?!?!?!

confused

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KateT3
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

thanks for dropping in. I too wish the group had not died out. I am just starting college for LPN. I made all A's my first semester. My baby will be in 3rd grade, my middle son will be in 8th grade and my oldest will be in 10th grade. They are growing up so fast. I so remember the kindergarden years. Enjoy because they pass so quickly. Congratulations on your Associate degree. Hope you are enjoying the summer. I have 2 and half weeks before me and my kids start back to school.

courtney970507
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Kate, it's so good to see you on here. I thought for sure I would come back and there would be more activity. Anyway, congratulations on going back to school! I'm glad to see that all is well with you. Hopefully, I'll be able to check in more often.

KateT3
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Just for the record I do see a few of our old members on FB. I don't know if you are on FB but there is a mom grouped started there. Just type in mothers of Georgia under the search at the top. I know for sure Giggles is on there I'm not sure about how many others are but the group is pretty good, not MLM but they all seem pretty nice and it has plenty of activity. So come join us there if you like!

giggle
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Hey, Congratulations on the school. The first day of kindergarten is hard, I went thru it last year. It took me half the year before I agreed to let him ride the bus home, I still drive him to school. Can't believe summer is almsot over. Next weekend I have a birthday party planned for both kids- son mturning 6 and daughter turning 3! Then one more week till school. Haven't been able to do a lot with thekids this summer but hoping to take them to the Legoland discovery center this coming friday for their birthdays. Wanted to do the zoo, too, but my son has to get some cavaties filled so that takes our only other free day while hubby is home before school. Glad to see some still stop in here. I have checked a few times and saw no activity and didn't bother to write anything. Hopefully if we keep it up more will stop in as well?? Enjoy what is left of the summer moms!

KateT3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Thanks for the reply Giggles! I too have to take 2 of the kids to the dentist a week from tomorrow. It's just DD and I during the day all this week since my boys will be at the high school for band camp. Can't believe my middle DS is old enough to join, 8th grade (they take them a year early since it's such a small school). I might take DD to the movies or swimming. She hasn't had much mommie and me time with me doing my schooling nearly all summer. Don't think I will try that next summer, keep me away from the kids too much. We went school shopping for a few clothes for our boys yesterday after church. I have to buy it a little at a time. Had some Goody's coupons, one they sent me for my birthday and another that came in the mail so I decided to see what we could find. Got a pair of jeans for each of them and 3 or 4 shirts and a couple of shirts for DH for less than $90 so I thought that was pretty good. Anyway I'm rambling, just enjoying, or trying to enjoy these last 2 weeks before they go back to school especially this week with just DD and I! Take care ladies and enjoy the rest of the summer and your babies while they are still young, can't believe mine are 15, 13 and 8! Seems like yesterday they were still babies wanting to nurse!

KateT3
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Oh and my middle son does go to the dentist when he gets his braces checked every 6 weeks. When he gets his braces off then I will take him to the other dentist my oldest and youngest go to! (in case you were wondering why I only take 2 kids to the dentist)  Oh and giggles the fall would probably be a better time to go to the zoo anyway, when it's not so hot. A lot of the animals hide when it's this hot so spring or fall is the better time to go. Or if you can stand the cold I've heard they have really cheap deals during the winter season.

giggle
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I was thinking the zoo would be better in October when we will have the time. Last time we went I think was around February when the had a really good deal- something like $6 per person.

my2sweetjoys
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Hi there! I was just stopping by to say hi.It has been busy here at our house and I cannot believe school is starting next week for us which is PreK.I just got the school supply list last week and wow at the things they need for Prek.It has been 15 years since we did the Prek thing with my daughter and I remember all supplies being included in the program.So we are all ready for it to start next week!

hugsWe havent been to the zoo yet but I would love to visit.Maybe they will have some great deals

KateT3
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM

How did you get that $6 deal?

giggle
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM

KateT3, it was a special they were running back when it was cold and I guess not very busy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN