Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

Welcome!! This is a run off group which was orginally (and still is) founded over facebook. I wanted to extend our group out to include members of cafemom in hopes to be able to reach more moms in our local community. I founded AlbanyMommies as a free group to encourage the face to face meeting of and support of local moms. We are becoming more and more active everyday and have a number of events scheduled for the upcoming months. I will post all of our events and try to include the majority of our conversation from facebook onto this group.

Please feel free to post anything that you deam necessary. Hopefully as the two groups grow we can combine both groups into our website located at www.albanymoms.webs.com. The website is up but is not active yet due to the low member count and the facebook group being so easily accessible. Again I do plan on switching over to the website if the group grows large enough but I did want to reach out to include cafemom members to our group as well.

As far as activity, we just had our first playdate located at Tumbling Tykes in Latham and we are in the works of setting up another with in the next 2 weeks. We also have a walk that we are taking part in this weekend in Washington Park. If you would like more information just let me know. As far as Mom's Night Out's (MNO's) we are planning on having one of those within the next month..again if you are interested or have any ideas feel free to post or to pm me and let me know. Also feel free to find us (the group) or myself on facebook.

I look forward to meeting all the local moms!!

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
funny_mummy
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, Hi!!

Jennie_Lee
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Hello and thanks for joining. I hope you find this group helpful in getting to meet some other local moms. I try to keep up to date with area activities that are kid friendly, but feel free to post or suggest openly. I also will look forward to meeting you at one of our upcoming play groups.

gina6239
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I am excited to join. Have you heard of Tiny Tots Tearoom in Clifton Park? They are having a Halloween party for kids on the 28th. If anyone is interested I can get more info. The place is similar to Tumbling Tykes, but I actually prefer it a bit.

Jennie_Lee
by Group Owner on Oct. 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM

We are having a couple of playdate at Tiny Tots..the next one is this Th, we are getting used to doing these weekly so the following week it will be on sunday. I have added a post for both of them. Funny Mommy do you have a preference (or interest) on days we do the playdates?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)