Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Activities for the week ending 10-14

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

FETCH! Lab: Blow It Away @ Schenectady Museum

When: Today until Sun, Oct 16, 2011 | 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM

Where: Schenectady Museum & Suits-Bueche Planetarium

Cost: FREE with Museum admission

Make a vehicle that is part car and part sailboat at the Schenectady Museum & Suits-Bueche Planetarium's FETCH! Lab. Come to this exciting weekly program to learn about science and do hands-on activities like the ones on the popular PBS tv show!

STORYHARVEST: A Celebration of Art and Food from Seed to Table

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 10:00 AM to 7:00 AM

Where: 3337, 6th Avenue, Troy, NY

Cost: FREE ADMISSION

Brazilian-American artist/chef Ellie Markovitch creates a harvest celebration, with stories, music and multi-media, culminating in a community potluck. A digital storytelling community workshop for neighborhood youth on basic documentary skills and the art of storytelling.

2011 Walk For Children & Family Fun Day

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Where: Washington Park Lake House

Cost: Free, Registration Encouraged

Join us for an event for the whole family, featuring children's games, activities, arts, crafts, and a walk through the park to support safe and happy childhoods for all of New York's children.

5th Annual Troy Chowderfest In Troy NY - BEST BET!

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: River Street, Troy, NY

Come enjoy local chowder with a competitive edge. Who will be declared the best?

Schenectady County Farm & Foliage Day

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: Various Locations throughout Schenectady County, New York

Schenectady County Farm & Foliage Day will have events taking place throughout the Capital Region all day long! Including farmers markets, hayrides, guided tours, Craft activities, demonstrations, rock climbing wall live music and more!

Little Wonders of Science: Fancy Nancy Sees Stars

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 11:00 AM

Introduce children ages 3 to 5 to science with Fancy Nancy Sees Stars and a fun craft. Advance registrants receive a FREE book and materials to continue the study of science at home.

3rd Annual Start Smart Field Day

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Where: 90 McCarty Ave., Albany, NY 12202

The Addictions Care Center of Albany, Inc. (ACCA), an organization committed to compassionate, quality programs preventing and treating alcoholism and substance abuse, is pleased to host the 3rd Annual Start Smart Field Day on Saturday, October 15, 2011.

Olympian Jessica Mendoza Public Presentation

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 | 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Where: Bethlehem Central Middle School

Cost: $10.00 per guest

Olympic Gold/Silver Medalist and ESPN Commentator Jessica Mendoza will offer a multi-media presentation offering inspiration and advice to young girls and teens about how team sports can build confidence and mind/body fitness.

Science Discovery Demos: Electricity @ Schenectady Museum

When: Sat, Oct 15, 2011 until Sun, Oct 16, 2011 | 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM

Have an explosive visit with this bonus educational opportunity! Learn all about electricity at this educator-led science demo.

Day at the Dairy at Dutch Hollow Farm

When: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 | 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: Dutch Hollow Farm, 101 Running Creek Rd, Schodack Landing, NY

Day at the Dairy - Hosted by Dutch Hollow Farm, the Chittenden Family Farm Tours, Petting Zoo, Wagon Rides, Kid's Activity Tent and more

by on Oct. 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sunflowers09
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I'm thinking about going to this event on Sunday if weather permits... would anybody else love to meet up and join us?

Day at the Dairy at Dutch Hollow Farm

When: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 | 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Where: Dutch Hollow Farm, 101 Running Creek Rd, Schodack Landing, NY

Day at the Dairy - Hosted by Dutch Hollow Farm, the Chittenden Family Farm Tours, Petting Zoo, Wagon Rides, Kid's Activity Tent and more

gina6239
by on Oct. 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Thanks so much for this information! We are keeping my ten year old brother this weekend and were looking for something to entertain both him and our 2 year old DD. I think if it rains we will be at the Schenectady museum for sure!

Jennie_Lee
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Quoting gina6239:

Thanks so much for this information! We are keeping my ten year old brother this weekend and were looking for something to entertain both him and our 2 year old DD. I think if it rains we will be at the Schenectady museum for sure!

I try to post the weekend events every week just to keep everyone active. Also if you are interested in an event and want some mom company feel free to post and see if anyone else is interested and if there is an event which I may have passed over or missed please post to let us know.

jenifer123
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Wow… amazing offers and places… I have missed all these chances to go there but next times I will not miss this chance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN