Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Season two-Set in the 60's

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 277 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
IhartU
by on May. 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM

"To me, there’s nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they’re going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay till the end of your days. That is a real horror."

I used to live in an apartment next to an old woman who was now agoraphobic and paranoid because in the 60's her husband had her committed to an insane asylum for false reasons. Her daughter told me he did it in order to be free to run around and have affairs- he wanted to get rid of her. I can't even imagine what that poor woman went through and it IS scary that back then someone could just make up some shit and have you committed.

FrenchGrey
by head admin. on May. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM

WOW! Poor lady!

Quoting IhartU:

"To me, there’s nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they’re going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay till the end of your days. That is a real horror."

I used to live in an apartment next to an old woman who was now agoraphobic and paranoid because in the 60's her husband had her committed to an insane asylum for false reasons. Her daughter told me he did it in order to be free to run around and have affairs- he wanted to get rid of her. I can't even imagine what that poor woman went through and it IS scary that back then someone could just make up some shit and have you committed.

charlotsomtimes
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Crazy that back then it was so easy to put people away...and NOW it's so hard- even when they really do have problems  (I have a schizophrenic sister)

I'm looking forward to this next season...October is getting closer ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)