Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do yall think?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 3:09 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 190 Total Views
What do yall think of breeding? I know some are VERY against it and some are okay with it. Im against it when done excessively and in poor health like puppy mills. What are yalls thoughts, do any of yall breed, do you Only buy from breeders? What do yall think of mandatory spaying/neutering?

**Check Out My BLOODHOUND MAMAS Group**
by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
miller060905
by Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I have some mixed emotions on it. I'm definitely against those who breed without just one litter after another or don't put any thought or care into their breeding... but I also think some breeders who take all the right steps and everything put too much into it. I don't know how to explain it. I also have mixed emotions on mandatory spaying/neutering. I'll have to reply again when i have my head on straight and can make more sense! LOL!

miller060905
by Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:17 PM

oooh and since I do not show or breed my animals I don't ONLY buy from a breeder. I got Wesley from a local girl just out of high school who had a female bloodhound.  She wanted another puppy and also wanted to make a little money so she found a male and bred her dog. he is registered with a pet registry, not AKC but that's OK with me.  I paid A LOT less for him than I was planning to pay for a bloodhound and got to pick him out rather than have someone else pick him out and ship him to me.

haymama
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Yea theres alot of mixed on those subjects, we actually found Timmy on craigslist and Bobbie we got from a breeder it just happened thats where we found her, she could have been registered but when we were hanging out with the owners they said at first no breeding rights but then as we talked more and more they said we could breed her but not register her so we agreed on that, the papers didnt matter to me i know shes purebred and am in love with her. We plan to breed her later on but not til we are more settled and Definitely not back to back shes more to me than just money are dogs are family
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)