Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

papers?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 194 Total Views

is your dog registered? with who?

Wesley is registered with America's Pet Registry.  I know a lot of people won't get a puppy that isn't AKC registered but for me, he was only to be my baby. I have no intentions of showing or breeding. I do know he is from good bloodlines.  Both his grandparents and great grandparents are all AKC registered just not his parents. The female she just never wanted to I guess and the male was not AKC registerable because one of his parents was bought with limited registration and not supposed to be bred.

by on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
haymama
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Eh papers dont matter that much to me, i like knowing about the parents and background but i dont "require" papers. Our dogs arent registered, we dont plan to show dogs though.
miller060905
by Member on Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM

yea they don't really matter so much to me either. I almost prefer to buy ones that aren't papered. a lot of times they are just as good of dogs but it seems like when they are AKC the breeder feels they can charge A LOT more for them. Our last dog, a rott, was excellent. she had great bloodlines and was absolutely beautiful. she was not registered and we got her for $300 as opposed to the $1200 registered ones we found that weren't really any "better" than ours.

Quoting haymama:

Eh papers dont matter that much to me, i like knowing about the parents and background but i dont "require" papers. Our dogs arent registered, we dont plan to show dogs though.

Bluetick
by Member on Dec. 19, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Mine are registered w united kennel club the american kennel club and the professional kennel club.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)