Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome and Introductions

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello all,

Welcome to the group, please post an introduction of yourself here. I'll go first:

I'm Kate, 26 years old. I am married to my high school sweetheart, we have two beautiful boys. James who is 4 and Theodore who is 6 months old. I work outside the home and I go to the local university part time. I was taught ASL as a baby and continued to learn more as I grew older, now I work in a group home for deaf teens

. When my dh and I had our 1st boy we started teaching him at about 6 months by the time he was 8 mo old he could tell us what food he wanted to eat. We continued to teach him and sign with him until he lost interest at about 2-2.5. Now that we are begining to teach our 2nd son, James our 1st son is interested again.

I hope to meet some new people and share stories, experiences and laughs with you.

welcome     have a nice day

CafeMom Tickers  CafeMom Tickers  

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 12:42 AM
Replies (11-16):
smartyhands
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Hi,

I am Alyson. I am a new CafeMom and a new Baby Sign Language Instructor. I am starting to teach parents and babies in the Southeast CT area. I am married for 9 years and moved to CT from NY 8 years ago. After much trying, we became the proud parents to our son Jordan who will be 2 in a few weeks. Jordan is the reason I got into sign language, I wanted to be able to communicate and it has worked out beautifully. He has a large vocabulary, he sings and signs...I have even caught him signing in his sleep! It because of this I decided to become certified and hopefully spread the joy we have experienced to other families!

Alyson

my website littlesmartyhands.com find me on Facebook

yelannun
by New Member on Jan. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I'm Rebekah and I too am a WAHM teaching baby sign language classes with My Smart Hands - Asheville http://www.mysmarthandsasheville.com/ I have 2 sweet boys 4 and 18 mos that usually go with me and 'help' me teach! :) I am passionate about signing with the littles, but also breastfeeding, babywearing, and ECing...just treating the littles as they are humans and how we would like to be treated if we were helpless as well. 

mommix5
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello to all! My name is Alicia  I am currently majoring in Deaf studies in college ! I would love to met new friends who are also interested in what i am so very interested in!

Met7
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Hello,

I am a mother of one 3 year old son. I am married and I am a stay at home mother.

Before I had the opportunity to stay home with my son I worked with d/hh high school students. I taught my son sign when he was younger. He lost interest in using sign.

I practice sign still but lost touch with friends and students I used to work with. I thought this would be a fun group to join and maybe get some sign practice in.

jessk27
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Hi my name is jessica I am 23 and I have a 5 year old boy with ocd and autusim and I have a 2 year old daughter that can't talk yet and she gets really frustrated when ppl don't understand what she wants or needs so I just started teaching my kids asl with help from ecap and it is really helping a lot
jessk27
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Hi my name is jessica I am 23 and I have a 5 year old boy with ocd and autusim and I have a 2 year old daughter that can't talk yet and she gets really frustrated when ppl don't understand what she wants or needs so I just started teaching my kids asl with help from ecap and it is really helping a lot
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)