Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 11/16

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
What sparked your interest in teaching your child(ren) sign? Do your children seem to like it?

What sparked my interest is I was taught sign when I was a toddler and continue using ASL with my job. My 1st ds did/does enjoy it, my 2nd ds just wants to eat his food faster but hopeful will like it once he is older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Baby4us09
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I had friends when I was a child that were deaf. I didnt understand why other children made fun of them. They were teaching us signs, not enough to be fluent but so we could play.  my son is on the ASD so we learned and taught him enough to communicate until he could speak.  We are now teaching our 3.5 month old so she can communicate with us much sooner. :)

My older two love it and remember a few from toddler hood. The baby seems to love it.

meglennox
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 3:56 PM
Sign language has always held my interest. I think because my mom worked with special needs children when i was younger. She taught us the alphabet, numbers and some words.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom3910
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I've always been interested in sign language and have always wanted to learn. Never thought it would take having a special needs child who would need it to get me to learn.

We all enjoy learning sign language and it's been a tremendous help in day to day living with my daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)