Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He did his first sign!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
Last week my almost 9 mo old did his first sign, milk. I was so excited.

What was your child(ren)'s first signs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
smartyhands
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

the first sign my son did, without guidance, was baby. He was maybe 11mos and My husband caught him flipping through a book and when he came to a child he paused and signed baby. We were lucky he caught it to get the video!

apaxton
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:15 PM

My daughter's first sign was horse and she was 10 months old. Well, I should say, the sign she did when we actually realized she was signing, LOL. We were at my in-law's horse ranch and she was approximating her sign for horse. When we didn't respond she literally did her sign, made a horse sound then emphatically pointed back at the horse and signed it again! My husband and I were ecstatic. After that we realized that she had been signing for a while but we just hadn't put it together as we had totally forgotten about sign approximations! Good thing I wasn't an instructor then, LOL! If you follow this link, you can see a video of her signing horse with her approximation. This was shot shortly after her first birthday. 

Amanda :)
Happy Wife and Mother of Three
and Baby Sign Language Educator

mz_orange
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Hanley signed MILK, too :) At 5 months. It's crazy, a week later he's doing FOOD/EAT. Babies are so smart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yelannun
by New Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Both my boys signed "all done" first. One at 6 months and the other at 7 months. They both signed for about a week or so and then put it on the back burner until the light went on and they started signing regularly several words around 12 months (my oldest) and 14 months (my youngest)! Congrats...those first signs are SOOO exciting! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)