Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Welcome to News & Politics! Introduce Yourself.....

wave     

Welcome to News & Politics! We're glad you're here!

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Replies (191-200):
Jambo4
by Gold Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Betz2012:

Hi, My name is Deb.  I live in Massachusetts.  I am actively involved in my community.  I am on the school board, elected since 2007.  I was the chairman from 2010-2011.  Now I have decided to take that advocacy to the next level and I am a candidate for State Representative in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.  Our legislature is strikingly unbalanced in many ways.  We have 160 State Representatives in our House.  Of those 160, only 33 are Republican.  Of those 33 Republicans, only 6 are women.  There are no women Republicans in our 40 member senate.  So in Massachusetts out of 200 legislators, only 6 are conservative women.  To me there is a problem with that and representation.  As a conservative woman, I do not feel my voice is being heard at our State house, and that is one reason why I have chosen to run for office. ( There are many other reasons as well).

For those of you concerned about the Presidential elections.  Be concerned, but do not forget your local elections.  The decisions that local elected officials make will affect your life every day.  Too many times we forget to research EVERYONE on the ballot, and do not vote down the ticket. PLEASE think about who you are voting for OTHER than PRESIDENT or US Senator.  We local candidates cannot afford the high priced TV ads, nor do we have a budget of millions of dollars.

As your civic duty as an American who has the privilege to vote, please make every effort to learn about ALL of your local candidates and vote your conscience, not your party, on who YOU think best represents YOU!

Deb

www.DEBRABETZ.com

clapping

Think of the little ones... Americans can't bear another 4 years of Obama!

Speak out, all Mama Bears on behalf of our children! 

vivianne112
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I'm Vivianne & I like to join this group to learn more about politics and current news & to exchange my ideas to other moms..

3kiddosgone
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hello, I have 3 kids and 2 grand kids and this election is very important.  I really want to know what others are thinking.  I know where I stand.

teresa713
by New Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hi.  My name is Teresa.  I am married and a mom of two.  One is a college graduate and the other is a senior in HS.

JonJon
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I had no intention of joining this group yet here I am, and until November 7th, this is going to be my favorite group.

roberta1234
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Roberta and mom to 3 children. The elections seem to be very interesting and very much resulting. We should know what our children are going to be and how the Country's environment is going to effect them. Indeed I'm really impressed when I saw Obama's speech on youtube published by Cafemom Studios. 

dyljortea
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Michelle.  I am married with three children ranging in age from 21 to 15 and live in Texas.

taximamma
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM

My name is Keri. I am here because this government make my stomach churn!  I am well educated in windenergy. However I am also against all of the energy Proposals!! And I am against any proposal to change the constitution!  I am against government fraud. And wasteful spending of our tax payer dollars!

If you have not viewed the lg volt no jolt article I request you do.

The only reason you are able to hear this is because of one brave Michigan woman and Wood Tv 8.

You can build a windmill that produces energy for around $200. You don't need to spend 4.5 million on one.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7514538_build-alternator-wind-generator.html

And if you think "green" energy isn't costing you. Let me show you how many tax payer dollars you have spent on wasted Stimulus money.

Oh, by the way your preisident by law is suppose to submit stimulus report about hom that money is spent quarterly and has not been doing it!!!

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

* companies that have filed Bankruptcy supported by tax payer dollars!

1. Evergreen Solar ($25 million)*
  2. SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
  3. Solyndra ($535 million)*
  4. Beacon Power ($43 million)*
  5. Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
  6. SunPower ($1.2 billion)
  7. First Solar ($1.46 billion)
  8. Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
  9. EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
  10. Amonix ($5.9 million)
  11. Fisker Automotive ($529 million)
  12. Abound Solar ($400 million)*
  13. A123 Systems ($279 million)*
  14. Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($700,981)*
  15. Johnson Controls ($299 million)
  16. Schneider Electric ($86 million)
  17. Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
  18. ECOtality ($126.2 million)
  19. Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
  20. Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
  21. Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
  22. Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
  23. Range Fuels ($80 million)*
  24. Thompson River Power ($6.5 million)*
  25. Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
  26. Azure Dynamics ($5.4 million)*
  27. GreenVolts ($500,000)
  28. Vestas ($50 million)
  29. LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($151 million)
  30. Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
  31. Navistar ($39 million)
  32. Satcon ($3 million)*
  33. Konarka Technologies Inc. ($20 million)*
  34. Mascoma Corp. ($100 million)

*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

The problem begins with the issue of government picking winners and losers in the first place. Venture capitalist firms exist for this very reason, and they choose what to invest in by looking at companies’ business models and deciding if they are worthy. When the government plays venture capitalist, it tends to reward companies that are connected to the policymakers themselves or because it sounds nice to “invest” in green energy.

The 2009 stimulus set aside $80 billion to subsidize politically preferred energy projects. Since that time, 1,900 investigations have been opened to look into stimulus waste, fraud, and abuse (although not all are linked to the green-energy funds), and nearly 600 convictions have been made. Of that $80 billion in clean energy loans, grants, and tax credits, at least 10 percent has gone to companies that have since either gone bankrupt or are circling the drain.

CORRECTION:

Figures for four companies have been updated: Beacon Power received $43 million from the U.S. government, not $69 million as originally reported. Azure Dynamics received $5.4 million from the federal government, not $120 million as originally reported. Compact Power Inc. received $151 million as part of the stimulus, not $150 million as originally reported. Willard and Kelsey Solar Group received $700,981 in government funding, not $6 million as originally reported.

The following companies have been removed from the original list: AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy, LSP Energy and Uni-Solar did not receive government-backed loans, based on additional research. The National Renewable Energy Lab did received $200 million in stimulus funding, but it is a government laboratory.

I can not Vote Republican or Democrate, they have both destroyed this country. Plus they both want a war in Iran!  I will be voting Gary Johnson.

Dott038
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Hi.

I'm Dana a Mom in Va

cajunflowerchik
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My name is Heather. I am a homeschooling mother of a 2-year old little boy and two girls 3 and 10. I am also the wife and full-time (as in paid by the VA) caregiver of a veteran with severe PTSD. I am concerned about anything to do with education, disability benefits, and the military. I am undecided on who to vote for (although I am swayed a little to one side).

Also, I am from Louisiana.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)