Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Welcome to News & Politics! Introduce Yourself.....

wave     

Welcome to News & Politics! We're glad you're here!

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Replies (151-160):
PageantDressMom
by Wendy on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hello!  I'm not used to sharing political opinions.  They seem to start forest fires!  But I do like to stay on top of what's going on in the political realm because it does directly impact my life for the next four years.

I'm from the "Bible belt," and as a majority of my neighbors, I have predominantly Republican viewpoints.  However, I don't vote just because someone is a Republican.  If they don't earn my trust, I don't necessarily vote for them. 

So I stopped in to hear what's going on in this space. One thing about Election Talk -- it's never boring!

littleangie
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi my name is Angie.  I have been reading some of this group post and found lot of the topics that sparked interest to become a member of the group.

BusyMommy475
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is shalena I am 29 years old and Married to My wonderful husband Darius.

We have been together for all most 9 years. We have 3 kids denise 4, Dashawn 6, Emilio 9. We also have a God daughter Issabella 6 weeks old. Im a stay at home mom for the most part :). I run our business from home and my hubby goes out and works daily. I LOVE my family and I love meeting new people and trying new things!!! I Love life. Okay Let's Talk ELECTIONS!

stephyk
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am a married SAHM of two boys and one girl. 

JODYS.DAYCARE
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is jody langstraat,  my business is inhome daycare.  Iv raised three childrne with- out being on food stamps or welfare.  I had  m.c.+   witch i paid  157 each month to cover all my chilren.  If i can stay off welfare so can alot.  

susimar
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Susie
Wife of nephrology fellow
Unemployed teacher
4 kids-18,13,8, and 7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momalways1954
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hi.  I'm a political wonk and want to answer what I know about Paul Ryan.

He wants to end SS and medicare which he sees as "ponzi schemes"

Ayn Rand is his #1 hero.  Says: "he has all his staff read her". Extreme right-wing.

Owned by oil and ag - supporting $40 B in subsides for these poor folks.

Wants to raise taxes on middle-class and lower taxes for wealthy and big business.

Wants to end student's Pell Grants

His budget would end 4 million jobs over the next 3 years

He is no friend to middle-class families. 

momalways1954
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting angelaelizabeth:

Hi, I'm Angela, 24, and mommy to a 13 month old and married to Ben. We're both Iraqi War Veterans who fully support Ron Paul AND especially his foreign policy . .We would vote for this genuine STATESMAN no matter the 'party affiliation'. Oh, and he's the only one who doesn't follow the 'flip-flopping trend'.

What "foreign policy"?  He's following his "flip-flopping" presidential candidate. 

NOLAmom27
by Violet on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Hi, I'm Violet. I have two dem...I mean...children. I'm democratic, really don't know much about politics though. I came here to become more informed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Welcome new ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)