Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to News & Politics! Introduce Yourself.....

wave     

Welcome to News & Politics! We're glad you're here!

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Replies (181-190):
Betz2012
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi, My name is Deb.  I live in Massachusetts.  I am actively involved in my community.  I am on the school board, elected since 2007.  I was the chairman from 2010-2011.  Now I have decided to take that advocacy to the next level and I am a candidate for State Representative in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.  Our legislature is strikingly unbalanced in many ways.  We have 160 State Representatives in our House.  Of those 160, only 33 are Republican.  Of those 33 Republicans, only 6 are women.  There are no women Republicans in our 40 member senate.  So in Massachusetts out of 200 legislators, only 6 are conservative women.  To me there is a problem with that and representation.  As a conservative woman, I do not feel my voice is being heard at our State house, and that is one reason why I have chosen to run for office. ( There are many other reasons as well).

For those of you concerned about the Presidential elections.  Be concerned, but do not forget your local elections.  The decisions that local elected officials make will affect your life every day.  Too many times we forget to research EVERYONE on the ballot, and do not vote down the ticket. PLEASE think about who you are voting for OTHER than PRESIDENT or US Senator.  We local candidates cannot afford the high priced TV ads, nor do we have a budget of millions of dollars.

As your civic duty as an American who has the privilege to vote, please make every effort to learn about ALL of your local candidates and vote your conscience, not your party, on who YOU think best represents YOU!

Deb

www.DEBRABETZ.com

lynntrippin
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I've been torn about the 2012 election. I don't know where I stand and wondering if there is a website that can make it all more clear to me in laymen terms. Any advice.

lnrmom
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM

HI everyone! My name is Jennifer and I'm the proud mom to two beautiful DD's ages 15 and 16. I have a SO, we are not married - my choice.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Sep. 29, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Welcome to the new members!!! Jump on in Ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kerryket
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Kerry, I'm a married mom to three, I've got a cold and I'm beat, but trying to stay up and into the debate!
tina454542
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Hello:

My name is Tina, mother of two and currently an online student at this time.  I am looking forward to interacting with all of you and posting my two cents worth on these critical issues.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Just Jess on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Welcome Kerry & Tina!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nittaa
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hello my name is Vernita Smith and I am a Conservative Independent and a Fierce Obama Supporter!!!!

Euphoric
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I'm Holly. Some of you know me from ceht. I'm pretty open minded when it comes to politics.

GailTravel
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Hello I am Mom, wife RN, and have an Online Travel Business and very active in my church.Yes I am one busy lady lol. I am very discouraged at the tone of tbe country right now. Some repressed.feelings of individuals.that I thought I knew are coming to the surface and it concerns me that we are going back in time.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)