Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

News & Politics News & Politics

Welcome to News & Politics! Introduce Yourself.....

wave     

Welcome to News & Politics! We're glad you're here!

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to News & Politics! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Nov. 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Replies (211-220):
ErinWD40
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Sadly it is not only wasted money and tax dollars. It is wasted BORROWED money. We cant have a stong country with all of this debt, it will never be strong if irresponsible spending isnt stopped. I pray it will stop come election time in Nov. and eventually come January!

3dragonflies
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

american flag ribbonHi there.. My name is Lynn, I am married and a mom to 3 wonderful kiddos.  I live in Maine.  Election is right around the corner.  Can I ask why there is only Obama banners on the site, I believe there are 2 people who are running for president and I see a lot for Obama, where is Romney?  just saying

megmickelson77
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Hello!!! My name is Meghan and I am a military wife and mother of 3 amazing boys (11, 9, and 18 months). We currently live in Mountain View, CA (originally from Washington state). I for one have already voted but will be so glad when the election is over!! I am so tired of how hateful people on both sides of the fence are, and honestly how disrespectful they are to our president!!! You may not like the man but do not disrespect the office. I am a liberal through and through, I did not like president Bush but I never would have treated him with such disrespect as people of this country treat president Obama. I love to have meaningful, non-hateful conversations about politics and value everyone's opinions and beliefs, even if they are not the same as mine.

tanitag
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tanita. I am a professional in the fashion indsutry as a consultant. I have plans to develop a footwear factory here one day - but for now I am happily a stay at home Mom with 5 wonderful kids.

I know this is a group of great importance, so I want to keep the spirit of it. Politics is something that I have once found useless until 4 years ago. I thought that my vote did not count and that no matter what, a power beyond our control ultimately makes the decisions (to a degree, I still think that). My husband and I talk to our children more and more now about politics and my 9 year old is very interested in Government policies, taxation and how things work now that he has discovered sales tax on his toys and how expensive a bag of grapes are. I am also paying attention more this time around because I do believe that at somepoint this will pivotal moment will effect us all down the road. So I do hope to find some glimmer of hope being apart of this group. Thank You!

bowhips
by New Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Hi, my name is Gwen and I am the mother of three, all grown and grandmother to three beautiful grandkids. I am a care giver.

adnilm
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hello, I'm Linda!

Scribbleprints
by Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Hello!  I'm an independant voter.   My views don't line up nicely with any party.  I care about local elections as much as the presidential and other BIG elections, and I research my vote in stead of voting blindly one party or the other.  

QueenWisdom
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I'm Shae everone! I look forward to chatting with you ladies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shania
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

hi

Sandra876
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Quick thought about elections and Education. What is so hard with many is that Romney does not have a plan, or is that his plan, Nothing? I have two beautiful daughters in college and once the "middle man-bank" as of recent was removed we had a savings of 2314.00...just removing big bank. Romney said in Ohio..he would put banks back in...crazy! And to lay "off teachers", some are unionized (he states: unions going) ...adds more unemployed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)