Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your family’s finances better off than they were 3 years ago?

Posted by   + Show Post

How would you describe your family’s financial situation right now?

Has it gotten better or worse in the past three years?

by on Nov. 7, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Replies (161-170):
katzmeow726
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Yep!  We are in a much better place!

momtoscott
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Probably a little better. 

bookmommy
by on Mar. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Hubby lost his job 2 Christmases ago. He's consulting but not bringing in much as a lot of jobs are being outsourced in his field.

Consequently, our finances are WAY worse than 3 years ago.

toomanypoodles
by Poodles on Mar. 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Worse.  My husband is a government contractor.  Obama cut some funding for the area my husband works, so he's not getting all the overtime he got in the past. 

Gas is $4.25, our grocery bill has increased from an average of $150 to $200 a week.

He still makes a good living so we are okay, but NO, we are no BETTER. 

moonbabby1960
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Our finances are not better off than they were 3 years ago. We have owned a business for 16 years, 2 locations. They have both had to go out of business in the last 7 months. Thank God my last child graduates college in 2 weeks and my husband found a middle management job for a large company, but is making half of what we were making 3 years ago. We have lost our house, it is under contract in a Short Sale. Why they call it a Short Sale I will never know, there is nothing Short about it. I pray things get better.

blank stare

erika9009
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Oh hell no, but we adjusted and do ok for what we have

4healthyeats
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM

worse.  expenses rising faster than wages. wages/salaries have been frozen for many years unless you go for a promotion with more responsibility (more hours and more expenses) which doesn't really seem to get you ahead.  plus our family grew by 1 and had somethings go broke when I was on leave with him. still paying those off.  our kids got sick very frequently over the last year. DH had to take time off for them since I keep running out of leave (they cut out 3 sick days at my work) and his is unpaid when he takes off but that fulltime daycare bill still has to be paid.

sweet-a-kins
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 6:20 AM
So much better in the last 2 years

It's actually gotten even better in the past few months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LIMom1105
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Ours are better.
Kate_Momof3
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Improving. Our income is up, but so are costs (gas, groceries). We also had another child within the past three years. He's definitely impacted our cash flow, but we expected that. lol

eta: My online book business is shaky thanks to ereaders. DAMN YOU AMAZON!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)