• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't vote do you think................

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

you still have the right to complain afterwards?

I hope this question is acceptable. It could apply to any election to any organisation in any country.

My personal opinion is that if you don't bother to vote then you are accepting by default any decisions that will be made and consequently you have forfeited the right to complain afterwards.

What's your view?

I always vote and I bitch like hell afterwards lol.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I've never voted but I never complained. I was willing to give anyone that the majority voted in a chance. I want to be more proactive this time around. :)

KAKsmommy
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I agree with your thoughts about the subject. I love that I have the privilege and right to vote. So many other countries around the world do not have the option or voice in their country's government. We are lucky to be able to vote and have our voices heard.

If people do not vote, then they do not have the right to complain about the decisions made afterwards. That's why we are allow this right in the first place.

gammie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I will vote if the right person is running.

Will not vote for more of the same!!
Peanutx3
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I will not be voting for a presidential candidate in the primary because our Governor decided to cancel our presidential primary.  Instead the parties will hold their caucus's and they will appoint their presidential candidate.  But you better believe I will be voting in the general for a candidate. 

I do think if you don't vote you really don't have a reason to complain.

kw.2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM

i dont really vote because i dont really look into things enough to know what i am voting for.. i dont want to make a decision based on who looks good in a tie.. so i dont really look into things enough to know what to complain about afterwards.. lol. but if someone tells me about something that has been done or is in the works, sometimes i am like, well thats stupid, or that person is so retarded. but i dont go much into it other than that. i think complaining a little if you didnt vote is okay, but full on debating issues with someone if you didnt vote is stupid. if your opinions are that strong then you should have taken the time to go vote...

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Sure you do. Sometimes people don't feel right voting for the lesser of the two evils.

MTM
by MTM on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Agreed 100%

if you don't bother to vote then you are accepting by default any decisions that will be made and consequently you have forfeited the right to complain afterwards.

HeartCharmMama
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I exercise my civic duty. And @Karro, I agree 100% with your outlook on not voting.

TruthSeeker.
by CM Junkie on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I will say, I have more respect for someone that does vote and then later complain than not vote and complain.

im23vaughn
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

ITA with that. If you don't vote, then you have stated you don't care what happens in this country. So don't complain about the decisions our leader make.  I understand the lesser of two evils, but at times it's necessary to vote anyways. If one person will stab you and the other will kill you, you still need to vote so you don't die! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)